iPF8400S Basic Guide
Close the Top Cover.
Cleaning the Printhead
If printing is faint, cleaning the Printhead may improve results.
Choose one of two Printhead cleaning modes ( Head Cleaning A or Head Cleaning B ), depending
on the problem to resolve.
• Head Cleaning A
Use this mode if printing is faint or contains foreign substances. This method of cleaning consumes
the least amount of ink.
It takes about four minutes to complete.
• Head Cleaning B
Use this mode if no ink is ejected at all, or if Head Cleaning A does not solve the problem.
It takes about five minutes to complete.
• Do not remove the Maintenance Cartridge or ink tanks during either Head Cleaning A or Head
Ink may leak or an error may occur.
• If printing does not improve even if you execute Head Cleaning B, try repeating Head
Cleaning B once or twice. If this still does not improve printing, the Printhead may have
reached the end of its useful life. Contact your Canon dealer for assistance.
• Do not touch the Linear Scale (a),
Carriage Shaft (b), or Fixed Blade (c).
This may stain your hands and damage
• Do not use a dry cloth to wipe inside the Top Cover. This may create a static charge,
which may attract dust and affect the printing quality.
• Do not touch the clear sheet on the side of the Top Cover Roller. This may damage the