iPF8400S Basic Guide
While firmly holding the Printhead you have
removed, use your other hand to remove the
orange Protective Part (a). Squeeze the grips (c)
of Protective Part (b) and pull it down to remove
With the nozzles facing down and the metal
contacts toward the back, tilt the Printhead
slightly forward and insert it into the Carriage.
Carefully push the printhead firmly into the
Carriage, ensuring that the nozzles and metal
contacts do not touch the carriage.
• When handling the Printhead, always hold it by the grips (a). Never touch the nozzles
(b) or metal contacts (c). This may damage the Printhead and affect printing quality.
• Never touch the ink supply section (d).
This may cause printing problems.
• The inside surface of the Protective Part (a) and Protective Part (b) is coated with ink to
protect the nozzles. Be careful not to touch these surfaces when removing the caps.
• The Printhead contains ink to protect the nozzles. We recommend removing Protective
Part (b) as you hold it over the Printhead package or safely out of the way to avoid
spilling ink and staining your clothes or the surrounding area. If ink accidentally spills,
wipe off the ink with a dry cloth.
• If you need to put a Printhead somewhere temporarily before installation, do not keep
the nozzles and metal contacts facing down. If the nozzles or metal contacts are
damaged, it may affect the printing quality.
• Do not reattach the removed Protective Part. Dispose of these materials in accordance
with local regulations.