3.1.1 Types of operation modes
The inverter can be operated in any of "PU operation mode", "external operation mode",
"combined operation mode" and "communication operation mode". Prepare required
instruments and parts according to the operation mode. For the way of changing the
operation mode, refer to page 64.
(1) PU operation mode
(factory setting, Pr. 79 "operation mode selection" = 1)
The inverter is operated from the operation panel or parameter
Use Pr. 146 "frequency setting command selection" to choose
the way to make frequency setting from the operation panel.
For the Pr. 146 setting method, refer to page 65.
Pr. 146 = 0: Frequency setting using the built-in frequency
setting potentiometer (factory setting)
Pr. 146 = 1: Digital frequency setting using
• Operation unit...................Operation panel (equipped as standard) or parameter unit
• Connection cable..............To be prepared for use of the operation panel away from
• FR-E5P (option) ...............To be prepared for use of the operation panel away from
(2) External operation mode (Pr. 79 "operation mode selection" = 2)
The inverter is operated using an external start signal and an
external frequency setting signal.
• Start signal ....................... Switch, relay, etc.
• Frequency setting signal .. 0 to 5V, 0 to 10V or 4 to 20mA DC
Note: Operation cannot be started by the start signal alone. Both the start signal and
frequency setting signal are required to run the inverter.
the inverter or for use of the parameter unit (FR-PU04).
the inverter. It is available as a set of operation panel cover
and connection cable junction adaptor.
signals or multiple speeds from a