Note: 1. • Select the NFB according to the
inverter power supply capacity.
• Install one NFB per inverter.
2. The power supply cable size of the
motor indicated assumes that its
length is 20m.
3. The inverter input side magnetic contactor to be chosen differs between the
applicable ranges A, B and C shown on the right, depending on the power
supply capacity and wiring length. For the FR-E520-0.4K to 1.5K, FR-E520S-
0.4K to 0.75K and FR-E510W-0.4K to 0.75K, choose the S-N10 when the
power factor improving reactor (FR-BEL or FR-BAL) is used.
4. When the inverter capacity is greater than the motor capacity, choose the
breaker and magnetic contactor in accordance with the inverter type and
choose the cables and power factor improving reactor in accordance with the
5. When the breaker on the inverter primary side trips, check for the wiring fault
(short circuit), damage to internal parts of the inverter, etc. Identify the cause of
the trip, then remove the cause and power on the breaker.
6. For installations in the United States or Canada, the circuit breaker must be
inverse time or instantaneous trip type.
! ! ! ! Installation and selection of no-fuse breaker
Install a no-fuse breaker (NFB) in the power supply side for protection of the inverter's
primary wiring. Refer to the previous table and choose the NFB according to the
inverter's power supply side power factor (which changes with the power supply
voltage, output frequency and load). Especially for a completely electromagnetic type
NFB, the one with a larger capacity must be selected since its operational
characteristics change with harmonic currents. (Check the data of the corresponding
breaker for confirmation.) Also the earth (ground) leakage circuit breaker used should
be our product durable against harmonics/surges.
INSTALLATION AND WIRING
20 Wiring length(m)
Note: Power supply used has the above