(1) Switch-over mode
During operation, you can change the current operation mode to another operation
External operation to PU
PU operation to external
Note: When the switch-over mode is selected, the operation panel's potentiometer
setting is made invalid even if the Pr. 146 "built-in potentiometer switching" setting
is 0 or 9999.
(2) PU operation interlock
PU operation interlock forces the operation mode to be changed to the external
operation mode when the MRS signal switches off. This function prevents the inverter
from being inoperative by the external command if the mode is accidentally left
unswitched from the PU operation mode.
• Set "7" in Pr. 79 (PU operation interlock).
• Set the terminal used for MRS signal input with any of Pr. 180 to Pr. 183 (input
terminal function selection).
Refer to page 161 for Pr. 180 to Pr. 183 (input terminal function selection).
Note: When terminal assignment is changed using Pr. 180 to Pr. 183, the other
functions may be affected.
Check the functions of the corresponding terminals before making settings.
Switching Control/Operating Status
1) Operate the operation panel keys to select the PU operation
• Rotation direction is the same as that of external operation.
• Set frequency is the same as the external frequency
setting signal value. (Note that the setting will disappear
when power is switched off or the inverter is reset.)
1) Operate the operation panel keys to select the external
• Rotation direction is determined by the external operation
• Set frequency is determined by the external frequency
Output stopped during external operation.
Operation mode can be switched to PU operation mode.
Parameter values can be rewritten in PU operation mode.
PU operation allowed.
Forcibly switched to external operation mode.
External operation allowed.
Switching to PU operation mode inhibited.