Quick Start Guide
This guide is to assist in installing and running the inverter to verify that the drive and
motor are working properly. Starting, stopping and speed control will be from the
keypad. If your application requires external control or special system programming,
consult the VAT200 Instruction Manual supplied with your inverter.
Step 1 Before Starting the Inverter
Please review Preface and Safety Precautions (page 0-1 through 1-3) of the VAT200
Instruction Manual. Verify drive was installed in accordance with the procedures as
described in VAT200 Ambient Environment and Installation on pages 3-1 through 3-8.
If you feel this was abnormal, do not start the drive until qualified personnel have
corrected the situation. (Failure to do so could result in serious injury.)
Check inverter and motor nameplates to determine that they have the same
HP and voltage ratings. (Ensure that full load motor amps do not exceed
that of the inverter.)
Remove the terminal cover to expose the motor and power terminals.
a. Verify that AC power is wired to L1, L2, and L3 (pages 3-12).
b. Verify that Motor leads are connected to T1, T2, and T3 (pages 3-12).
(The two leads may need to be reversed if motor rotation is not correct.
1. SEQ LED： ： ： ： 1_00 =1, LED Lit.
2. FRQ LED： ： ： ： 1_01 = 1/2/3/4, LED Lit
3. FWD LED： ： ： ： Forward Direction, LED action(Flash in stop, Keep Lit in operation).
4. REV LED： ： ： ： Reverse Direction, LED action(Flash in stop, Keep Lit in operation).
5. Four action of FUN、 、 、 、 Hz/RPM、 、 、 、 VOLT、 、 、 、 AMP LED and display of four 7-segment
display, refer to operation description of the keypad.
6. LCD keypad without FUN, Hz/RPM, VOLT, AMP LED.