IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using an electrical appliance, basic safety precautions should always be followed, including the
This sewing machine is designed and manufactured for household use only.
Read all instructions before using this sewing machine.
1. An appliance should never be left unattended when plugged in. Always unplug this sewing
machine from the electric outlet immediately after using and before cleaning.
1. Do not allow to be used as a toy. Close attention is necessary when this sewing machine is used
by or near children.
2. Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in this owner's manual.
Use only attachments recommended by the manufacturer as contained in this owner's manual.
3. Never operate this sewing machine if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly, if
it has been dropped or damaged, or dropped into water.
Return this sewing machine to the nearest authorized dealer or service center for examination,
repair, electrical or mechanical adjustment.
4. Never operate the appliance with any air opening blocked. Keep ventilation openings of this
sewing machine and foot controller free from accumulation of lint, dust and loose cloth.
5. Never drop or insert any object into any opening.
6. Do not use outdoors.
7. Do not operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or where oxygen is being
8. To disconnect, turn all controls to the off ("O") position, then remove plug from outlet.
9. Do not unplug by pulling on cord. To unplug, grasp the plug, not the cord.
10. Keep fingers away from all moving parts. Special care is required around the sewing machine
needle and/or cutting blade.
11. Always use the proper needle plate. The wrong plate can cause the needle to break.
12. Do not use bent needles.
13. Do not pull or push fabric while stitching. It may deflect the needle causing it to break.
14. Switch this sewing machine off ("O") when making any adjustment in the needle area, such as
threading the needle, changing the needle, threading the bobbin or changing the presser foot, and
15. Always unplug this sewing machine from the electrical outlet when removing covers, lubricating, or
when making any other adjustments mentioned in this owner's manual.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
For Europe only:
This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above and persons with reduced
physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given
supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards
involved. Children shall not play with the appliance. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made
by children without supervision.
For outside Europe (except U.S.A and Canada):
This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or
mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or
instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
Please note that on disposal, this product must be safely recycled in accordance with relevant
National legislation relating to electrical/electronic products. If in doubt please contact your
retailer for guidance.
To reduce the risk of electric shock:
To reduce the risk of burns, fire, electric shock, or injury to persons: