• This product comes with Windows Me and a collection of utility
software pre-installed on its hard disk. Should the problem occur to
the system or applications due to an unexpected malfunction, you
can use the "Product Recovery CD-ROM" that comes with FIVA to
restore the factory default system. This returns FIVA the same settings
and state it was in when you originally purchased it.
Avoiding Computer Viruses
A computer virus is a program. It gets installed on your system without
you being aware of it, and can do anything from displaying strange
messages to destroying your data and other programs. A virus can
enter your system via a floppy diskette or network. Taking the following
precautions are normally sufficient to protect against having a virus
invade your system.
• Write protect the master copies of your programs and data files.
• Never open data files or run programs of unknown origin.
• Use a commercially available virus checker to check new programs,
and periodically check your system for virus contamination.
Use the latest version of a commercially available virus checker
to check your system.
An immediate virus check is recommended in the following cases.
• Check your system each time you start up your computer.
• Check any data file or program you received on a floppy diskette or
other external media, over a network, from a BBS or the Internet, via
e-mail, etc. before opening the file or running the program.
• Turn off this product before connecting or
• Never apply impact or vibration.
• Never take this product apart.
• Use only the specified AC adaptor.
• The bottom of this product becomes warm
during use. Avoid using it on your lap for a