(Product No.: MPC-205E/206E) Thank you for purchasing the CASIO MPC-205E/206E. This guide describes the basic operations of the MPC-205E/206E. Read this guide in its entirely before handling or operating this products, and keep it close at hand so it can easily referenced.
Note, however, that AC cord plug shape differ according to area you are in. Make sure that the AC cord you will use can fit into wall outlet and is compliance with the local electric safety standard.
User’s Guide Stick caps (2) AC adaptor Battery pack RGB cable Windows Me Product Modular cable Quick Start Guide Recovery CD-ROM • Do not dispose of the box and packing materials. Use the box and packing materials for storage and transport.
After reading this guide, keep it close at hand for easy reference. • Always observe the warnings and cautions indicated on the product. • If this guide is misplaced or damaged so as to be unreadable, a new one can be ordered. To obtain a new User’s Guide, contact the dealer from which this product was purchased.
Be especially carefully when using FIVA while rain or snow is falling, or in beach areas. Never try to take FIVA apart or modify it in any way. High- voltage components inside FIVA create the danger of fire and electric shock.
Power Plug and AC Adaptor AC cord plug and wall outlet illustrated in this User’s Guide shows the two-pin plug type. It may not be the same shape of AC cord plug used in your area. Use only a proper AC electric outlet (100V~240V) when powering FIVA with the AC adaptor.
Warning! Do not cover the AC adaptor with a blanket, etc., or do not place FIVA on the heating rug, near a heater, etc. Doing so may cause malfunction or deformation of FIVA, which creates the danger of fire. Battery Pack Use only the battery pack that comes with FIVA.
Caution! Handling FIVA Do not place FIVA on an unstable or uneven surface. Doing so can cause FIVA to fall, creating the danger of malfunction, fire, and electric shock. Do not leave FIVA in the following areas. • Areas where FIVA will be subject to large amounts of humidity or dust, or directly exposed to hot or cold air.
Caution! Power Cord and Peripherals Do not overly bend the power cord, do not allow it to be caught between desks or other furniture, and never place heavy objects on top of the power cord. Doing so can cause shorting or breaking of the power cord, creating the danger of fire and electric shock.
• CASIO COMPUTER CO., LTD. shall not be held liable for any loss or claims (lost profits, interruption of business, corruption or loss of memory data, etc.) by you or any third party due to the use of this product or the inability to use this product for a specific purpose, except as specifically stipulated by law.
An immediate virus check is recommended in the following cases. • Check your system each time you start up your computer. • Check any data file or program you received on a floppy diskette or other external media, over a network, from a BBS or the Internet, via e-mail, etc.
Power Requirements • Plug the AC adaptor into a power outlet rated for 100V to 240V AC, 50/60Hz only. • Do not connect FIVA to the same outlet of another device that generates electrical noise.
• Replace this main battery with the MPC-273BAT or MPC-274LBAT. Use of other battery may present a risk of fire or explosion. • This battery pack is suitable for use only with the MPC-205E or MPC- 206E. • Dispose of used batteries according to the manufacturer’s instruction.
Consumables Standard Battery Pack • Long use of the battery pack causes it to deteriorate and lose its ability to recharge. If you feel your battery pack is not providing enough operating time, it may be time to contact your dealer or authorized distributor about purchasing a new one.
FIVA. Cleaning FIVA with the power on creates the danger of electric shock. • Clean FIVA by wiping it with a soft, dry cloth. If FIVA is very dirty, wipe it with a cloth that has been moistened with a weak solution of water and a mild neutral detergent.
(not applicable to other areas). NOTICE This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This...
Using the Sleep function ..................50 Turning On Power ..................51 Using the Battery Pack ................52 Checking the Current Charge Level of the Battery Pack ........52 Using the Battery Pack Efficiently ............... 54 Using the Large-capacity Battery Pack ............... 55...
Chapter 3 Supplementary Information ......... 59 Connecting Peripherals ................61 Connecting a pair of Headphones or a Microphone ........... 61 Connecting to the LAN port ................62 Connecting to the modem port ................63 Connecting to the USB port ............... 64 Using External Monitor ..................
Appendix ..................97 System Restoration .................. 99 Starting up from the “Product Recovery CD-ROM” .......... 100 Setting the Partition of Hard Disk/Initializing the Hard Disk ......101 Making Windows Me Settings ................111 Installing applications from the “Product Recovery CD-ROM” ..116 Installing the CASIO Applications ..............
About This User’s Guide This User’s Guide is divided into the five sections shown below. Be sure you read the section titled “Before Using FIVA” starting from page 8 before you do anything else. Before Using FIVA This section provides important safety precautions and things you need to know about use of FIVA correctly.
Part Names and Their Functions The part names introduced in this chapter are used throughout the rest of this User’s Guide. CASSIOPEIA FIVA has the port and the slot for PC card in order to connect to peripherals such as a network, the USB equipment, etc.
Front w Monitor release lever and latch q Monitor !9 Stick !8 Keyboard e E-mail button r Internet button !7 Speaker t Memo button y Software switch u AC adaptor IN i USB port o LAN port !0 Indicator lamps...
MODE A Slide this switch to select the start-up mode. If you start up FIVA in MODE B, the Linux system will be in function. However, you can use only the applications (MP3 player and FTP client) available for Linux.
Back q Modem port w CF CARD slot e RGB port r IEEE1394 port t PC card (PCMCIA CARD) slot i Battery pack y Reset switch u Battery pack release latch...
PC card slot (PCMCIA CARD) Insert a PC card into this slot. y Reset switch Press this switch with a thin, pointed object to forcibly turn off the unit. Use this switch only when experiencing operational problems. u Battery pack release latch ( Slide the latch to remove the battery pack.
Keyboard This section describes the basic functions of the keyboard. Actual keyboard functions may differ in accordance with the application you are using. The above keyboard layout shows the US version.
Description Escape Cancels an operation. Function Execute specific functions. Insert Toggles character insertion on and off. Deletes the character to the right of the Delete cursor. Pause Pauses a process. Pause Deletes the character to the left of the Back...
Key Combinations • Key combinations where you must hold down one key and press a second key are indicated by a plus symbol. This key operation shift locks the keyboard for upper- Caps Shift + case character input. Perform this operation again to Lock unshift the keyboard.
• The following shows the key combinations that are available with the key. This is called the “hot keys” function. Increases or decreases LCD brightness. Puts FIVA into Standby Mode. (Pages 47, 96) Puts FIVA into Hibernation Mode. (Pages 48, 96) Increases or decreases speaker sound volume.
• Stick This can be used to control the pointer on the screen. Put a finger on the stick and move it in every direction to control the pointer on the screen. The pointer speed can be changed according to the force you press the stick.
The setting of the pointer can be specified in the window setting menu opened by selecting Control Panel and double-clicking Mouse. The speed of the double-click or pointer can be adjusted.
Changing a stick cap The stick cap is an expendable item. It can be replaced with a supplied new one when it is worn. Stick cap (supplied) Put the cap on the stick firmly. Otherwise, the cap may damage the...
The battery pack that comes with FIVA is not charged when you purchase it. Be sure to fully charge the battery pack before using it to power FIVA. Use only the battery pack that comes with FIVA or a battery pack specified in this User’s Guide.
FIVA. Dropping the battery pack can cause it to fall on your foot or otherwise cause personal injury. • If you remove the battery pack while the power of FIVA is turned on without connecting the AC adaptor, data may be erased. Also, if you remove the battery pack while FIVA is in Sleep Mode, data may be erased.
2. Connect the plug of the AC adaptor to the AC adaptor IN port (DC IN 16V) on the side panel of FIVA (e). The BAT ( ) indicator lights orange while the battery is being charged, and the indicator lights green when the battery is fully charged.
• Charge the battery pack in an area where the temperature is within the range of 5 C to 35 C (41 F to 95 F). The battery pack may fail to reach a full charge at temperatures outside this range. In this case the BAT ( ) indicator lamp does not light.
Windows Me will boot up automatically when you turn on the power. The Windows Me setup routine lets you make the settings listed below. The “Product Key” is sealed on the bottom of this unit. Have it on hand when performing the setup procedure for the first time.
4. The CASIO logo appears for a few moments. And, the “Windows Me” screen appears. After the CASIO logo appears, the screen goes blank and then Windows Me starts up. After that, “Welcome to Microsoft Windows” screen appears. To use the Windows Me, follow the procedure below.
5. “Select your time zone” appears. Select your local area and click Next. 6. Read and agree to the Software License Agreement. • Be sure you read the terms and conditions of the Microsoft Software End-user’s License Agreement. • To read all, use the...
Your Product Key number is required whenever you request support or when you need to restore the system. Store the “Windows Me Quick Start” manual in a safe place so you can look up the Product Key number when you need it.
8. Register with the Microsoft. You can register with the online system. If you do not want to register immediately, you can register afterward. 9. When Setting is complete appears, click the Finish button.
• The above screen appears after Windows Me setup is complete. Now Windows Me will start up whenever you turn on FIVA. For full details on using Windows Me, see the “Windows Me Quick Start Guide” manual that comes with FIVA.
FIVA with the power source only from battery pack may not completely recover if left in the Standby Mode for a very long time. If you do not plan to use FIVA for a long time, turn it off or put it in the Hibernation Mode.
This means that the status of Windows Me or any application that is running is not maintained in memory when the Power Off mode is entered. Enter the Power Off mode if you do not plan to use FIVA for a long time and before installing expansion memory.
1. Click the Start button or press to display the menu. Select this command. 2. Select Shut Down..3. Click Stand by and then click OK. The screen is closed and the unit enters the Standby Mode. Select this option.
To enter the Hibernation Mode from the Start menu The Hibernation Mode is recommended when you do not plan to use your computer for a long time, but you want to restore the status of Windows Me and your applications when you return.
Entering the Hibernation Mode while a communication operation is in progress will cause a communication error on the other computer. • You can reset FIVA and force power to turn off by holding down the power switch for 4 seconds. Note that FIVA does not beep if sound output is muted.
FIVE has the Sleep function to save power as a standard function. This means the Hibernation Mode or Standby Mode described before. When this unit is not used temporarily, set the unit to the Sleep Mode so that the available time of battery pack can be prolonged. (The time to maintain the Sleep Mode differs according to the battery charge capacity of battery pack.)
Turning on FIVA power after you set up Windows Me starts up Windows First, perform the log-on operation to make the unit recognize the user. If you use the unit alone and also not connected to a network, you can set the unit so that the screen above does not appear.
FIVA comes with a standard battery pack when you purchase it. Once you charge the battery pack, you can use FIVA without being connected to a power outlet via the AC adaptor. FIVA also has a number of power management functions that make battery operations more efficient.
• Connect the AC adaptor to this unit. • Stop using this unit and turn off the power. • Set this unit to the Sleep Mode and replace the battery pack with the fully charged one. If you turn on FIVA while the battery charge level drops, a warning message will appear and then FIVA will automatically shut down the power.
FIVA’s mobile computing Power Management Setting help to ensure that you get maximum power out of the battery pack. See page When the battery pack is not in use, remove it from this unit. The available time of the battery pack will be prolonged. Forced Hibernation Mode...
141) comes with FIVA, find the battery pack whose model number matches the number marked on the battery pack. You can also get an idea of the battery pack’s current condition by checking the Mobile Cockpit’s Battery Control. Click here.
The “Microsoft Outlook Express” is installed as the E-mail software when you purchase. • For using the E-mail button, the setting to connect to an internet or the contract with an internet provider is also necessary beforehand. The various software applications, which allow you to connect to the internet provider via an internet and to sign up, are available.
The “Notepad” is installed as the memo software when you purchase. Changing the function of each button The function of each button can be changed in the “Settings” → “One Touch Operating Button Setting” of the Mobile Cockpit. (See page 86.)
For the peripherals that are not described in this User’s Guide, see the manual that comes with the peripheral you are installing. Be sure to turn off the power of FIVA and unplug the power cord before connecting peripherals. Even for the peripherals that are compatible with the plug and play function, it is better to turn off the power before connection.
Ethernet. After connecting, setting the software is necessary in order to connect to the network using the TCP/IP function. 1. Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the LAN port on the right side of the unit and the other end to the network.
Connecting or disconnecting the modular cable should be performed after turning off the power. 2. Open the lid of the modem port and insert one end of the modular cable securely until it clicks. • Do not transport the unit when the modular cable is connected to the modem port.
Connecting to or disconnecting from the USB port can be performed even when the power of this unit is turned on. Insert the plug of the USB cable to the USB port securely with the plug’s mark ( ) facing upwards.
The two types of floppy disk can be used with this unit. One is 2DD floppy disk with the amount of 720 KB and the other is 2HD floppy disk with the amount of 1.44 MB. (For details, see the manual that comes with the floppy disk drive.)
Installing the printer driver is required for using the printer. The printer driver that comes with this unit or one (stored in a CD, floppy disk, etc.) that comes with the printer can be used. When a printer compatible with the plug and play function is connected for the first time, the Add Printer Wizard screen appears.
Making sure that the cable is oriented correctly, connect one end of the supplied RGB cable to the RGB port of this unit. Pull out the lid on the left side of the unit so that the RGB port appears.
You can specify the resolution and number of colors only when using an external monitor. Right click on the Windows Me desktop and select Properties on the menu. The Display Properties appears. Click the Setting tab and then make the Colors and Screen area settings you want. These settings can be changed.
Connect the plug of the cable to the IEEE1394 port securely. Pull out the lid on the left side of the unit so that the IEEE1394 port appears. When a device compatible with the plug and play function is connected, the icon appears in the My Computer screen.
• Never insert or remove a PC card while an application is running. • Never insert or remove a PC card while the unit is in the Sleep Mode such as the Hibernation Mode or Standby Mode. Doing so may cause data to be erased.
When “You may safely remove this device.” appears, click OK. 2. Press the PC card eject button. When the PC card is ejected, pull it out the rest of the way by hand. • When removing the PC card, do not pull the cable of the PC card.
Inserting a PC card Make sure that the PC card is oriented correctly when you insert it into the PC card slot. Inserting the PC card into the slot upside down forcibly may damage the cable or the slot. 1. Connect the cable to the PC card. And, push the eject button into the slot.
• Never insert or remove a CF card while an application is running. • Never insert or remove a CF card while the unit is in the Sleep Mode such as the Hibernation Mode or Standby Mode. Doing so may cause data to be erased.
CF card slot. Inserting the CF card into the slot upside down forcibly may damage the connector or the slot. 1. Remove the CF card slot lid. (Keep the lid in order not to lose it.) 2. Making sure that the CF card is oriented correctly, insert the CF card into the CF card slot.
CF card. And, be sure that an application or system is not running. The CF card can be inserted or removed even when the power of this unit is turned on or off, but not when the unit is in the Sleep Mode. 1. Stop using the CF card.
FIVA, immediately shut down the power and contact your original retailer or authorized distributor. • The interior of FIVA can become quite hot during normal use. In this case, leave the unit for about 10 minutes to allow the interior of the unit to be cool before installing or removing the expansion memory.
And lift the attachments to remove them (w). hooks 4. Open the display panel. Remove the two screws (+) on both sides of the keyboard and turn the keyboard toward you slowly. (Keep the screws in order not to loose them).
(w). Do not press down or bend the board when removing it. 6. Steps 6 to 7 are the reverse procedure of steps 3 to 4. Replace the keyboard and secure it in place with the two screws (+).
Aligning the depression of the expansion memory board (q) with the protrusion of the expansion memory slot (w), insert the board on the slant until it goes to the end (e) after making sure that the board is oriented correctly, and then press it down (r) until it is locked into place.
Using the “Mobile Cockpit II” The CASIO original application software “Mobile Cockpit II” is installed in this unit. The “Mobile Cockpit II” is always displayed as a tool bar on the desk top of the Windows Me and it allows you to perform the convenient settings easily.
To register applications you use from the Start menu. 1. Click Start in the Windows Me, select application from Program you want to register and then drag and drop it in the Launcher bar. Drag and drop the application you want to register in the tool bar.
Launcher bar. To register applications from the “My Computer”. 1. Drag and drop application you want to register from the My Computer in the Windows Me to the Launcher bar. Drag and drop the application you want to register in the tool bar.
To delete the application you registered 1. Clicking the Switching the tool bar button in the Mobile Cockpit to switch to the Launcher bar from the Control bar. 2. Right-click the button of the application you want to delete. Right-click the icon of the application.
As the tool bar is displayed together with the taskbar in the Windows is displayed preferentially, the short tool bar is displayed as shown above when the tool bar in the Mobile Cockpit is displayed in the left or right side of the screen.
When you right-click this part, the pop-up menu is displayed. Auto hide When the check mark is put in the Auto hide, the tool bar is hidden. In this setting, when you move the pointer to each corner of the screen, the tool bar appears and when you move the pointer aside from the corner of the screen, the tool bar is hidden.
This displays the version information of the Mobile Cockpit. Exit This closes the application of the “Mobile Cockpit II”. When you want to use the tool bar of the “Mobile Cockpit II” again after closing it, you need to start up from the “FIVA tool”. e Settings You can specify 4 settings of the “One Touch Operation Buttons”, the...
• The speed of CPU (Long-Run setting) • The time until the function of hard disk stops after the unit is not used. • The brightness of the display • The time until nothing is displayed in the LCD monitor after the unit is...
You can also specify the power management setting of this unit by selecting “Control panel” → “Power Management” → “The property of Power Management”. Note that the setting in the “Power Management” has priority over the setting of the “Power Management Setting” in the Mobile Cockpit.
ECONOMY USER AC This setting is when the power is supplied to this unit by the AC adaptor. USER DC This setting is when the power is supplied to this unit by the battery pack.
Settings (Preferences) The initial setting can be set to use this unit. The 5 settings of “Built-in LAN on/off”, “Priority of starting up devices (Boot sequence)”, “Power Switch Action”, “LCD Panel Action” and “Switch the PC Card/PC Card Pro button” can be specified.
“Power Off” when you close the display panel while the unit is used. Switch the PC Card/PC Card Pro button You can change the setting of the “PC card” button of the tool bar in the Mobile Cockpit according to this setting.
LCD monitor is displayed in the brightness previously set in the “LCD monitor setting” of the “Setting of power management” when you restart the unit. • Also, you can adjust the brightness of LCD monitor using the hot key combinations such as “ )” or “...
PC card properties This button has the two functions and the display can be switched in the “Settings” described before. The ( ) button opens the PC card properties (PCMCIA) of the Windows. The ( ) buttons connects or disconnects two PC cards each other.
PC card when the PC card is disconnected, or disconnects it when it is connected. • Connecting operation After inserting the PC card into the slot of this unit, click the ( button. The connecting operation is automatically performed with the plug and play function.
This window displays the condition of the battery pack. You can check the connecting condition of the battery pack, the remaining power of the battery pack or the time to replace with the new battery pack, etc. The reading of the Rated capacity does not guarantee the actual capacity of the battery pack which is being used.
)”, selecting “Hibernation” after selecting the “Shut down”, or performing the operation of “e Settings” described before. If you click this button when the wake on timer setting is set to on, the unit is restored from the Hibernation Mode when the time you set comes.
When Windows Me does not function correctly or when Windows Me does not start up even if you turn on the power, restore the system with the supplied “Product Recovery CD-ROM” (after this, the way to resume the system is described as “System restoration”).
Starting up from the “Product Recovery CD-ROM” Though FIVA is preset to start up from its hard disk, you can start up FIVA from “Product Recovery CD-ROM” in a CD-ROM drive to restore the system and applications. The following procedure is performed with the CD-ROM.
COMPUTER 2000-2001 Typing Shift + deletes everything currently on the FIVA hard disk. If you change your mind and want to stop this procedure, type Shift + (upper case Typing here also executes the FDISK command, which creates a hard disk partition.
After hard disk initializing is complete, remove the “Product Recovery CD-ROM” and insert the “Microsoft Windows Me Operating System CD-ROM” into the CD-ROM drive. Next, press any key. RECOVERY Do not turn off CD-ROM drive power when you change the CD-ROM.
5. Run Scan Disk. When the screen shown below appears, press Enter to starts Scan Disk. Scan Disk checks the hard disk for errors. Scan Disk is a program that checks hard disk for errors, and corrects any errors it finds.
6. Exit Scan Disk. After Scan Disk finishes its check, type Exit to exit it. Exiting Scan Disk changes starts Windows Me installation. The screen changes, and FIVA prepares for Windows Me installation and the Windows Me installation wizard starts. Click Next.
8. Select the kind of setup you want. Make sure that Typical is selected and then click Next>. You can select another setup option if you like, but be sure to select Typical if you want to restore the system to its initial factory defaults.
Next>. You can select “Display the list of components so I can choose the ones I want to install.” you like, but be sure to select “Install the most common components recommended.” if you want to restore the system to its initial factory defaults.
12. Skip the screens for making a startup disk. Click Next> on the screen shown below. A startup disk is a floppy disk that can be used when Windows Me does not start up correctly. You can find the cause Windows Me does not function correctly by starting up the system with the startup disk and performing troubleshooting steps.
Click the Cancel button when the screen below appears. In response to the confirmation message that appears, click Cancel. The screens for making a startup disk is skipped. A startup disk will be made after the installation of Windows Me is complete.
When the screen shown below appears, click Finish to start the file copy operation. It takes about 15 minutes to copy all files. After that, you do not need to operate. Windows Me is installed automatically. FIVA will automatically restart with Windows Me when the installation of Windows Me is complete.
15. Specify the computer name and work group name respectively. Input a computer name and work group name and then click Close. For example, Input “FIVA” as a computer name and “CASIO” as a work group name. When using this unit in a network, ask the network manager about specifying a computer name and work group name.
Use the following procedure to make Windows Me settings required for installation after formatting the hard disk in the procedure above. 1. Input your user information. • You must input your name, but input of the company name is optional. Pressing the key after inputting your name causes the cursor to jump to the company name text box.
3. Input the Product Key number. • Input the Product Key number that is printed on the Certificate of Authenticity affixed to the back of this unit, and then click Next. All the letters and numbers you type in this screen are automatically input in upper case, even if you do not press the Shift key.
• The Setup Wizard copies files from the CD-ROM and installs Windows Me. 4. The screen changes to the “Windows is now setting up the following items.” screen from the Setup wizard.
Me restarts automatically. 6. Type in your user name and password. Type in your user name and password. If you do not input in the name and password, this screen will not appear when you start up Windows Me. Type the user name and then press to move the cursor to the password text box.
7. The Windows Me desk top screen appears. Next, perform the procedure below to change the BIOS setting. Otherwise, if you start up this unit with the MODE B setting of the software switch, Windows Me will start up as if the software switch is set to MODE A.
Some applications are installed in this unit at the factory. The procedure you performed with the “Product Recovery CD-ROM” restores the hard disk to virtually the same state it was in when the FIVA shipped from the factory. Note, however, that the recovery procedure does not restore the following software and settings.
4. Double-click the SETUP icon or AR405ENG.exe in the folder you opened. This launches the installer for the application. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen. FIVA TOOLS which includes Mobile Cockpit and other important system support utilities is strongly recommended to install.
Making Screen Settings Restoring the system causes the Windows Me display fonts and wallpaper to be set to initial default settings. Use the following procedure to change these settings. 1. Right-click on the Windows Me desktop. 2. From the menu that appears, select Properties to display Display Properties.
FIVA. 1. Insert the “Microsoft Windows Me Operating System CD-ROM” into the CD-ROM drive. 2. On the Windows Me Taskbar, click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel. Next, double-click the Add/Remove Programs icon.
4. Select the components you want to install. Select a component from the list, and then click the Details button. For FIVA, you should check all components in the list except for the following. • Multilanguage Support •...
(page 138). The path should be: C:Windows\Options\Cabs. • If you have not copied the Cabs files to your hard disk, you will need to connect the CD-ROM drive and insert the “Microsoft Windows Me Operating System CD-ROM” into the drive.
In most, but not all areas, the sum of RENs should not exceed five (5.0). To be certain of the number of devices that may be connected to a line, as determined by the total RENs, contact the local telephone company.
FIVA Series. In order for the FCC registration of this product to be retained, all other products used in conjunction with this product must also be FCC Part 68 registered for use with this host. If any of these components are not registered, then you are required to obtain FCC Part 68 registration of the assembles equipment prior to connection to the telephone network.
Repairs to certified equipment should be coordinated by a representative designated by the supplier. Any repairs or alterations made by the user to this equipment, or equipment malfunctions, may give the telecommunications company cause to request the user to disconnect the equipment.
Main functions of the modem Network control functions Automatic Send and Receive by built-in NCU Conforms to the following protocols and possible to communicate in full duplex V.21/V.22bis/V.32/V.32bis/V.34/ Modem protocols V34bis/V.90/K56flex/V.27ter/V.29/V.17 Data compression Conforms to MNP 5, ITU-T V.42bis protocols Error control protocols Conforms to MNP 4, ITU-V.42...
FIVA with embedded FB1456VQL12 Modem port Connecting to telephone line The modular cable that comes with the modem shall be used to connect the modem to the telephone line. In this case, if the telephone line is available through the modular jack, it is possible to connect the modem to the telephone line directly.
3. Try to determine the possible cause of the problem. If FIVA is the source of the problem, or is it being caused by a peripheral or application? Does the same operation or condition always cause the same problem? Is there something distinctive about the problem? 4.
Battery Pack (Used/No Used) External Monitor Printer Peripherals PC Card Other Peripherals Used/No Used MODEM Used/No Used Software Windows Version All applications running when problem occurred Remarks Other information about FIVA can be found by visiting the CASSIOPEIA Website at: http://world.casio.com/...
When the BATTERY LIFE mark becomes red, replace the battery pack. For safety reasons, FIVA is designed so CPU Clock Speed slows down whenever internal temperature rises above a certain level. If operation continues, FIVA automatically enters the Hibernation Mode.
Display is dim. to adjust display brightness. If the display remains dim at a bright setting, it may mean that it has reached the end of its service life. With your FIVA model number on hand, contact your original dealer or authorized distributor.
AC adaptor and the battery pack while the FiVA is used. • When the battery control is open. • When too much load is taken in the CPU of the FIVA. • When the speed of CPU becomes slow because of high temperature inside the unit.
PC/CF card slot. The unit is locked when using the PC card If you set the unit to the Sleep Mode or or USB device. Hibernation Mode while the device connected to the PC card is in use, the unit may lock up when recovering.
Lock keyboard between upper case and lower case characters. Nothing happens when keyboard keys Turn FIVA power off and then back on are pressed. again. Nothing happens when the Power Press Ctrl + switch is turned on.
Battery packs tend to lose battery pack. their ability to charge after long use. • If you suspect that the problem is due to FIVA suddenly hangs up. low battery power, connect the AC adaptor and charge the battery.
Hot keys do not work. Click the Taskbar’s Start button and start up Mobile Cockpit from the Programs menu. • If Mobile Cockpit is not running, click the Mobile Cockpit is not displayed. Taskbar’s Start button and start up Mobile Cockpit from the Programs menu.
Problems Following Restoration of the System Symptom Recommended Action Standard bundled applications do Some of the bundled applications are not re- not work. installed when you restore the system. Use the “Product Recovery CD-ROM” to reinstall all the applications. Screen fonts are too small.
Headphones (stereo mini jack) Monaural microphone (built-in) 10Base-T/100Base-TX × 1 IEEE1394 Interfaces × 1 (Connect the floppy disk drive such as MPC-240FDD, etc.) USB* × 1 Type II × 1 slot (Connect the CD-ROM drive such as PC Card Slot* MPC-142CDD, etc.) Type I/II ×...
Operating Environment 80% (non-condensation) *1 Though the FIVA TFT LCD is a very high quality display device, there may be times that brightness is uneven and when fine specs appear on the screen. Also, some dots may not illuminate or some dots may stay illuminated at all times. All of this common for liquid crystal displays, and does not indicate malfunction.
Options List The useful options shown below are available for use with the FIVA MPC-205E/206E. Memory Expansion DIMM Board AC Adaptor (Product No. MPC-252RAM) 64MB (Product No. MPC-277ADPE) MPC-253RAM) 128MB Floppy Disk Drive CD-ROM Drive (Product No. MPC-240FDD) (Product No. MPC-142CDD)
• The content of this guide is subject to change without notice. • CASIO has, to the best of its ability, endeavored to make this guide as accurate as possi- ble. However, if any unclear portions or omissions are found, please contact your dealer.
CASIO COMPUTER CO., LTD. 6-2, Hon-machi 1-chome Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 151-8543, Japan Printed on recycled paper. Printed in Taiwan...