4.3.8 Feeder unit
a) Handling of the feed roller
The feed roller is a functionally important part. Therefore, be sure to note the following points when handling the roller.
- Do not hold the roller in one hand or warp its shape.
- Do not touch the roller surface (coated surface).
- Do not allow the roller to get scratched or marked.
- Hold the roller at two points; location A and one of the locations B, C, or D as shown in the figure below.
b) Procedure after replacing the feed roller
The decentration of the feed roller (fluctuation in the amount of media fed per rotation) is compensated at factory shipment in order to improve media feed
precision. Therefore, adjustment must be made when the feed roller, feed roller HP sensor, or feed roller encoder which affect the decentration
compensation is replaced or disassembled/assembled.
Enter the service mode under the following condition:
Service mode: SERVICE MODE > ADJUST > PRINT PATTERN > LF
Carriage: LOW position
Media type: Photo Glossy Paper
Media size: 24 inch
4.3.9 Purge unit
a) Removing the purge unit
1) Turn off the power, and then move the carriage over the platen. For details, refer to DISASSEMBLY/REASSEMBLY > Points to Note on Disassembly
and Reassembly > Opening the Caps and Moving the Wiper Unit.
2) Remove the ground plate/ground wire on the side of the purge unit.
3) Remove the two connectors, and then remove the cable from the cable guide.
4) Remove the four screws, and then remove the purge unit.
Printhead height adjustment lever