Start cut sheet feeding
1) Feed the media forward and tentatively detect the media trailing edge with the
(temporarily stop feeding when detected).
2) Feed the media backward and detect the media trailing edge with the media sensor
(stop feeding when detected).
1) Move the registration sensor over the media.
2) Determine the sensor output and check the sensor input value over the media
3) Move the registration sensor over the platen.
4) Check the sensor input value over the platen.
This is performed each time the media is loaded since the sensor input value varies
depending on the media type.
1) Drive the carriage and move the registration sensor 30mm in the forward direction
from the media left edge (10mm in the forward direction when in cutting dust
2) Feed the media backward and tentatively detect the leading edge of the media
(stop feeding when detected)
3) Feed the media 50mm forward.
4) Feed the media backward and detect the leading edge of the media (stop feeding
1) Feed the media 85mm backward.
Paper width detection
2) Detect the media left edge (temporarily stop backward movement of the carriage
3) Tentatively detect the media right edge (stop forward movement of the carriage
4) Detect the media right edge (temporarily stop forward movement of the carriage
Print standby position
End cut sheet feeding
e) Paper discharge
If the cutter is enabled when using roll media, the media is fed to the cut position after printing and cut using the cutter. Then, the roll media on the platen
is fed by approximately 100 mm, and the cut roll media is pushed out. The discharged sheet is stacked on the stacker with the printed side faced down.
The roll media on the platen returns to the print standby position.
For continuous banner printing with roll media, the printer pauses without cutting the paper and performs maintenance operations such as print head
The printed cut sheet stops on the platen, and a message is displayed when printing is finished.
When offline, press the
key to discharge the media and the
22.214.171.124 Paper Path
126.96.36.199.1 Structure of feed rollers
a) Feed roller unit
The feed roller unit consists of media feeding mechanisms, including feed rollers driven by the feed motor and the pinch roller unit operating in conjunction
with the feed rollers.
To ensure that no waves form on the media, the paper remains flat as it passes over the platen so that it is carried horizontally as it passes under the printhead
of the carriage.
b) Detection unit
The paper feed unit includes sensors for monitoring the media feeding status and sensors for monitoring the status of the component parts of the paper path.
For more information, see Technical Reference > Detection Functions Based Sensors.
key to rewind the media.