b) Procedure after replacing the feed roller HP sensor and feed roller encoder
The decentration of the feed roller (fluctuation in the amount of media fed per rotation) is compensated at factory shipment in order to improve media feed
precision. Therefore, adjustment must be made when the feed roller, feed roller HP sensor, or feed roller encoder which affect the decentration
compensation is replaced or disassembled/assembled.
Enter the service mode under the following condition:
Service mode: SERVICE MODE > ADJUST > PRINT PATTERN > LF
Carriage: LOW position
Media type: Photo Glossy Paper
Media size: 24 inch
4.3.6 Ink tube unit
a) Removing the ink tube unit
1) Drain the ink. For details, refer to DISASSEMBLY/REASSEMBLY > Points to Note on Disassembly and Reassembly > Draining the Ink.
2) Turn off the power, and then move the carriage over the platen. For details, refer to DISASSEMBLY/REASSEMBLY > Points to Note on Disassembly
and Reassembly > Opening the Caps and Moving the Wiper Unit.
3) Remove the shaft cleaner and then the tube holder cover and tube holder.
4) Disconnect the 3 flexible cables from the engine controller.
5) Remove the paper feed guide (right) covering the flexible cable extended from the engine controller.
6) Remove all the connectors on the carriage relay PCB.
7) Remove the two securing screws, then remove the valve motor unit cover.
Tube holder cover