4.3.7 Carriage unit
a) Removing the carriage unit
1) Drain the ink. For details, refer to DISASSEMBLY/REASSEMBLY > Points to Note on Disassembly and Reassembly > Draining the Ink.
2) Turn off the power, and then move the carriage over the platen. For details, refer to DISASSEMBLY/REASSEMBLY > Points to Note on Disassembly
and Reassembly > Opening the Caps and Moving the Wiper Unit.
3) Remove the shaft cleaner, holder cover and tube holder.
4) Remove the printhead.
5) Remove all the connectors on the carriage relay PCB.
6) Remove the printhead lock lever.
7) Wrap the printhead side joint on the ink tube unit with a plastic bag or other covering so that no ink splashes or leaks, then close the plastic bag.
8) Remove the screw, and take off the ink tube unit from the carriage.
9) Remove the idler roller mount and feed roller plate, then detach the carriage unit from the left side of the printer.
Ink tube unit