1) Power source connection
• Refer to Power cord connection on page 24 <36, 82> of the instruction manual.
• For power source capacity, see the description given in "3.1 Installation environment, 11) Power requirements"
in this manual.
2) Signal cable connection
(1) Connecting to a PC
• See the description given in Connecting to a PC , on pp. 19 to 20 <26 to 29, 72 to 75> of the instruction
(2) Connecting to a video cassette recorder
• See the description given in Connection to a video cassette recorder , on pp. 21 to 23 <30 to 35, 76 to
81> of the instruction manual.
• Use coaxial cables. For video signals, use the 3C-2V for lengths of 15 m or less, and the 5C-2V for lengths of
30 m or less. Since data signals are more easily degraded than video signals, use a thick cable (e.g. a 5C-2V
cable) for data communications, even for lengths of 15 m or less. Try to minimize the distance between the
signal transmission device and the plasma display unit.
• If a video cable is wired close to a dimmer, neon tube, air conditioner, or other device, or if it is wired in
parallel to a cable television cable, display performance may be affected.
< > shows the PDP-V401E.
3) Treatment of wires
• For long-term or permanent installations, rather than short-term installations for specific events, use wires of
the proper length, carefully considering the placement of all other wires.
• Place wires so that no load or force is applied to the connecting terminals. For short-term use, wires may be
bundled with string. For long-term installations, form wire bunches using cable clamps.
4) Mounting cable clamp
Use a cable clamp to form cable bunches in the upward direction, as shown in the drawing.
Cable clamps are supplied for bundling connection cables.
Follow these steps when using cable clamps:
Peel off the label covering the mounting holes before attaching the cable clamps.
When cables are inserted in a cable clamp, keep the clamp at least 10 cm from the wall to allow
Peel off the paper at the back and insert the supplied
cable clamp into the mounting holes until it clicks.