5. Other functions
Initializing a program
Here's how to initialize the settings of the currently selected program.
1. In Full Edit mode, turn knob  to select "INIT.PROG."
2. Turn knob  to make the display indicate "SURE Y/N."
Here you can select either "YES" or "NO."
3. To initialize, select "YES" and press the [WRITE] button.
The program will be initialized, and the display will indicate "COMPLETE."
If you decide not to initialize, press the [EXIT/SHIFT] button.
Copying a timbre
Here's how to copy timbre settings from another program to the timbre of
the currently selected program.
1. In Full Edit mode, turn knob  to select "COPY.TMBR."
2. Turn knob ; the left side of the display will show the copy-
source program number, the middle will show the copy-
source timbre, and the right will show the copy-destination
3. Use knob  to move the cursor below the program number,
and then use knob  to select the copy-source program.
4. Use knob  to move the cursor below the timbre, and then
use knob  to select the copy-source timbre.
5. Use the [TIMBRE SELECT] lever to select the copy-destina-
6. To execute the copy, press the [WRITE] button.
The copy will be executed, and the display will indicate "COMPLETE."
If "VOIC.MODE" is "SINGLE," you can't select "TIMBRE2" as the copy-
If you decide not to execute the copy, press the [EXIT/SHIFT] button.
Transmitting programs and other data (Data Dump)
Program data and global data can be transmitted from the microKORG
XL+ as MIDI exclusive data. The action of transmitting MIDI exclusive data
to an external MIDI device is called a "data dump."
By performing a data dump you can store various types of data on an exter-
nal MIDI device, or change the sounds or settings of another microKORG
If the microKORG XL+ receives a dump request from an external de-
vice, it will execute a data dump according to the type of request that it
If you want data dumps to be received, turn the GLOBAL page "PRO-
TECT" parameter off, and set the MIDI FLT page "SYS EX" parameter to
ENABLE. If this is set to DISABLE, data dumps cannot be received.
The "MIDI Implementation" including details on the MIDI exclusive format
can be downloaded from the Korg website.
Do not touch the microKORG XL+'s knobs or keyboard while data is
being transmitted or received. Never turn off the power during this
Some MIDI interface devices may be unable to transmit or receive
the microKORG XL+'s MIDI exclusive messages.