1. Demo performance
Listening to the demo
The microKORG XL+ contains demo songs that show off its sounds
( p. 98 "3.Demo Song").
1. Hold down the [EXIT/SHIFT] button and press the [ARP ON]
The demo performance will begin.
2. You can use the  knob to switch songs during the demo.
3. Press the [EXIT/SHIFT] button to end the demo perfor-
2. Selecting and playing a program
Playing a synthesizer program
The microKORG XL+ contains 128 programs that you can play immedi-
To select a program, you'll use the panel PROGRAM GENRE dial, PRO-
GRAM CATEGORY dial, and BANK SELECT lever.
You are free to select the sound according to its musical style (Program
Genre) or by its musical role (Program Category)—simply start with the dial
that you find most convenient.
Try out the various programs and listen to the sounds that they offer.
As an example, here's how to select a sound from the BASS category for
use in a song in the ROCK genre.
1. Turn the [PROGRAM GENRE] dial to "ROCK".
2. Turn the [PROGRAM CATEGORY] dial to "BASS."
The display will indicate the name of the selected program.
The program will change when you switch the bank or number.
3. Play the keyboard to hear the sound.
You can use the [OCTAVE] lever to change the assigned pitch range.
( p. 15 "Using the [OCTAVE] lever to switch octaves")
4. Use the [BANK SELECT] lever to switch sounds.
While playing the keyboard, compare the sounds of the two banks to see
which one you like best.