Disconnected Transmission Cable Location Detection
This function notifies the ID of the slave module that has been disconnected from the master module because of
disconnection in the transmission cables (DP, DN) between the master module and the slave module, to locate the
disconnection in the transmission cables(DP, DN) from the upper system.
● To enable the disconnected transmission cable location detection function, perform the automatic address detection
when configuring, modifying, or expanding the system. ( Page 57, Section 7.3)
● After the system configuration, the disconnection detection may work when the slave module is disconnected from the
system. Perform the automatic address detection after modifying the system.
● Even if disconnection in the transmission cables (DP, DN) is detected, the AnyWireASLINK bit transmission is not
(1) Transmission cable disconnection status
When the system is in the following status, the transmission cables (DP, DN) have been disconnected or a slave
module error has occurred.
• The ALM LED turns on.
• DP/DN disconnection error (Xn4) turns on.
• The number of error IDs is stored in Number of the error IDs (Un\G8192).
• The disconnected ID (address) is stored in Error ID information storage area (Un\G8193 to Un\G8320).
• A DP/DN disconnection error (error code: 00CA
and the disconnected ID is stored in Latest error ID storage area (Un\G10257).
• An error (error code: 00CA
of GX Works2.
If multiple errors occur simultaneously, the latest error is displayed.
(2) How to recover from the transmission cable disconnection status
How to recover from the transmission cable disconnection status is as follows.
Eliminate the disconnection in the AnyWireASLINK system.
When the slave module has been disconnected from the system, perform the automatic address
Power off and on the AnyWireASLINK system or turn on and off Error flag clear command (Yn0).
The following status is resulted:
• DP/DN disconnection error (Xn4) turns off.
• The ALM LED turns off.
• The data in Latest error code storage area (Un\G10256) and Latest error ID storage area (Un\G10257) are
● For performing the automatic address detection, refer to Page 57, Section 7.3.
● When the automatic address detection is performed in the step 1, the operation in the step 2 is not necessary.
) is displayed in the detailed information section on the system monitor window
) is stored in Latest error code storage area (Un\G10256)
CHAPTER 8 FUNCTIONS