• Do not allow individuals (including children) to
use the appliance whose physical, sensorial or
mental abilities or lack of experience and know-
ledge hinder their safe usage of it if they have
not previously been supervised or instructed in
its correct usage.
• Tell children about the appliance and its poten-
tial dangers so that they do not play with it.
• Only this battery-broom may be charged with
the supplied battery charger, the charger is not
suitable for other batteries.
Danger of Electrocution!
• NEVER charge the appliance with a damaged
power adapter! To avoid risks, replace a dama-
ged power adapter immediately. For this, con-
tact Customer Services.
Prior to initial use
Before starting the device satisfy yourself that...
• The floor sweeper, the charger and its cable are
in perfect condition and ...
• All packaging materials have been removed
from the device.
Assembling the floor sweeper
• Assemble the broomstick ³ by inserting the 3
elements into each other and turn to secure.
• Screw the broomstick ³ in the the holder
The rechargeable battery floor sweeper is supplied
with an empty Ni-MH rechargeable battery. To
ensure that the battery will receive its full efficiency
it is necessary to charge the battery for 16 hours
prior to initial use. Charging processes thereafter
take 12 - 16 hours.
With fully charged battery the device provides an
operating time of 30 minutes before recharging be-
• To charge the battery, ensure that the battery
brush is switched off.
• If necessary, switch it off at the switch
• Insert the plug of the charger into the charging
of the appliance and then the mains
plug into a mains power socket.
• The red charge indicator
the charging process. Should this not be the
case, check the plug connections and whether
the rechargeable floor sweeper is switched off.
Once the charging process is over, the device
switches over to the charge maintenance position
(management function). The red charge indicator
does not thereby switch itself off.
However, it is not advisable to leave the device per-
manently connected to the mains charging device
so as to prevent the batteries from possibly getting
• Only use the enclosed charger
200 mA). Other charging devices could
irreparably damage the appliance!
• Only operate the device with the enclosed
rechargeable battery. It could otherwise get
• Do not attempt to remove the rechargeable
battery for charging.
• Do not attempt to open the rechargeable battery
jacket or dismantle the battery, this would destroy it.
- 3 -
is illuminated during