Status Diagnostics Page
Use the following diagnostic tools to troubleshoot IP connectivity problems:
Use Ping (Packet InterNet Groper) to check connectivity between the SVG1501 and
other devices on the SVG1501 LAN by sending a small packet of data and then waiting
for a reply. A Ping reply confirms that the computer is connected to the SVG1501.
Testing Network Connectivity with the SVG1501
To check connectivity between the SVG1501 and other devices on the SVG1501 LAN,
perform the following test:
1. Select Ping from the Select Utility drop-down list.
2. Enter the IP address of the computer you want to Ping in the Target field.
3. Enter the data packet size in bytes in the Ping Size field.
4. Enter the number of ping attempts in the No. of Pings field.
5. Enter the time between Ping send operations in milliseconds in the Ping Interval
6. Click Start Test to begin the Ping operation. The Ping results will display in the
7. You can click Abort Test at any time during the test to stop the Ping operation.
8. Repeat steps 2 through 6 for each device you want to ping.
When done, click Clear Results to delete the Ping results in the Results pane.
4 • Status Pages