CAUTION: Before drilling holes, check the structure for potential
damage to water, gas, or electrical lines.
Do the following to mount your SVG1501 on the wall:
1. Print a copy of the
2. Measure the printed template with a ruler to ensure that it is the correct size.
3. Use a center punch to mark the center of the holes.
4. On the wall, locate the marks for the mounting holes.
5. Drill the holes to a depth of at least 1 1/2 inches (3.8 cm). Use M3.5 x 38 mm (#6 x
11/2 inch) screws with a flat underside and maximum screw head diameter of 9.0
mm to mount the SVG1501.
6. Using a screwdriver, turn each screw until part of it protrudes from the wall, as
shown in the following wall mounting screw dimensions illustration.
There must be .10 inches (2.5 mm) between the wall and the underside of the screw
7. Place the SVG1501 so the keyholes on the back of the unit are aligned above the
8. Slide the SVG1501 down until it stops against the top of the keyhole opening.
9. After mounting, reconnect the coaxial cable input and Ethernet connection.
10. Plug the power cord into the +12VDC connector on the voice gateway and the
11. Route the cables to avoid any safety hazards.
2 • Getting Started
6.0 mm (.24 inches) maximum
9.0 mm (.35 inches) maximum
2.5 mm (.10 inches).