Do not damage or modify the power cord. Also, do not place heavy objects on the
power cord, or pull on or excessively bend it, as this could cause electrical damage
and result in a ﬁre or electrical shock.
Keep the power cord away from a heat source; failure to do this may cause the power
cord coating to melt, resulting in a ﬁre or electrical shock.
Do not plug or unplug the power plug with wet hands, as this may result in electrical
Do not plug the power cord to a multiplug power strip, as this may cause a ﬁre or
Do not bundle up or tie the power cord in a knot, as this may result in a ﬁre or
Insert the power plug completely into the AC power outlet, as failure to do so may
result in a ﬁre or electrical shock.
Do not use power cords other than the power cord provided, as this may result in a
ﬁre or electrical shock.
As a general rule, do not use extension cords or plug extension cords to a multiple
power strip. If extension cords must be used or plugged to a multiple power strip,
however, use them observing the following points on user's own authority. If you use
extension cords improperly, this may result in a ﬁre or electrical shock.
- Do not connect one extension cord to another.
- Make sure that the voltage of the power plug is the one indicated in the rating label
(attached on the back of the printer) when you use the printer.
- Use an extension cord that allows the current value greater than the necessary one
indicated in the rating label (attached on the back of the printer).
- When you use an extension cord, untie the cord binding, and insert the power plug
completely into the extension cord outlet to ensure a ﬁrm connection between the
power cord and the extension cord.
- Periodically check that the extension cord is not overheated.
Do not use power supplies with voltages other than those speciﬁed herein, as this
may result in a ﬁre or electrical shock.
Always grasp the plug when unplugging the power cord. Pulling on the power cord
may expose or snap the core wire, or otherwise damage the power cord. If the power
cord is damaged, this could cause current to leak, resulting in a ﬁre or electrical
Leave sufﬁcient space around the power plug so that it can be unplugged easily. If
objects are placed around the power plug, you will be unable to unplug it in an