Faulty printing (Evaluation criteria: Test print is no good.)
The paper is not fed correctly. (Evaluation criteria: Look at the actual unit.)
The Paper feed motor does not run.
(1) Check the connection from the paper feed motor to the PCNT board (53).
(2) Check the paper feed motor's resistance. 55 n/l phase is normal. (Fig. 3-13)
(3) Replace the paper feed motor.
(5) Replace the SCNT board.
The paper Is not plcked up from the auto sheet feeder.
(1) Check parts in the paper feed motor drive switching mechanism for abnormalities.
(2) Make sure that the ASF gear is attached correctly.
(4) Replace PCNT board (Faulty PRS or PES).
The prlntlng operation is abnormal.
Nothing is printed.
(2) Execute cleaning five times, and try printing again
The carriage motor does not run.
(1) Check the connection from the carriage motor to the PCNT board (52).
(2) Check the carriage motor's resistance. 9 R/l phase is normal. (Fig. 3-13)
(3) Replace the carriage motor.
(4) Replace the PCNT board.
Paper feed motor connector
Figure 3-13 Paper Feed Motor/Carriage Motor/Document Feed Motor
Carriage motor connector
Chapter 3: Maintenance & Service