4.3.3 Scanning problem
Faulty scsnnlng (Evsluatlon criteria: Test print Is good, but the copied image Is
The document Is not fed.
The document feed motor does not run. (Evaluation crlterla: Check It vlsuslly.)
(1) Check the connection from the document feed motor to the PCNT hoard U9).
(2) Check the document feed motor's resistance. 37 Nl phase is normal. (Fig. 3-13)
(3) Replace the document feed motor.
(4) Replace the PCNT board.
The document slips agslnst the rollers. (Evaluation crlterls: Check It visually.
Stretched copy Image.)
(1) See page 3-4 and clean the document reading section.
(2) Replace the reading section's rollers.
The document does not separate. (Evslustlon crlterla: Check It visually.)
(1) Check whether the reading motor is driving all the rollers. (Check for any damaged
gears or foreign matter stuck inside.)
(2) See page 3-4 and clean the separation roller and separation guide.
Faulty scsnner unit's sensors (Evaluation crlterls: The placed document or
transported document Is not detected.)
(1) Check for any faulty sensors while executing the copying operation and test mode.
Chapter 3: Maintenance & Service