REALTIME CONTROLS , , , , [SELECT]
Use the [SELECT] button to select realtime controller mode A/B/C, and use knobs – to
control the tone, effects, MIDI control changes, and arpeggiator etc. while you perform. Use
these knobs when you want to modify the sound while performing, or to make simple edits.
Here we'll explain how to use the realtime controllers in Program mode.
Note: We won't be using the External Control function, so make sure that the [EXT.
CONTROLLER] button is dark. If it is lit, press the [EXT. CONTROLLER] button once.
1. Press one of the PROGRAM [A]–[GM] buttons. (The button will light.)
2. Choose "Program Select" (program number and name), and turn the [VALUE] dial to select
the program that you want to control using the realtime controllers.
3. Press the REALTIME CONTROLS [SELECT] button to light the "A" LED located at the right
of the button.
4. Turn knob  (LPF CUTOFF) to adjust the cutoff frequency of the low pass ﬁlter.
When you adjust the cutoff frequency of the ﬁlter, the brightness of the sound will change.
The effect will depend on the settings of the program parameters, but normally, rotating the
knob toward the left will darken the sound, and rotating it toward the right will brighten it.
5. Turn knob  (RESONANCE/HPF) to adjust the resonance level of a low pass ﬁlter or the
cutoff frequency of a high pass ﬁlter. The content that is controlled will depend on the ﬁlter
type speciﬁed by the program. By adjusting the ﬁlter resonance level, you can increase or
decrease the resonance level to add a unique character to the sound.
Adjusting the cutoff frequency of the high-pass ﬁlter will modify the thickness of the sound
from which the low frequency range has been ﬁltered out.
6. Turn knob  (EG-INTENSITY) to adjust ﬁlter EG intensity (the depth at which the ﬁlter EG
Rotating the knob will affect the depth of the ﬁlter EG. Normally, rotating the knob toward
the left will make the ﬁlter EG apply less deeply, and rotating it toward the right will make
the ﬁlter EG apply more deeply. Since the ﬁlter EG will operate based on the cutoff frequency
of the ﬁlter, knobs  and  will work together to control the tonal changes produced by the
7. Turn knob  (EG-RELEASE) to adjust EG release times of the ﬁlter and amp. This will
determine the time from note-off until the sound disappears.
When you adjust the knob, the release times of the ﬁlter EG and the amp EG will change.
Normally, rotating the knob toward the left will shorten the release time, and rotating it
toward the right will lengthen the release time.
8. Press the REALTIME CONTROLS [SELECT] button to light the "B" LED located at the right
of the button.
In B-mode, effective functions for each of the preloaded programs and combinations are
assigned to the knobs. This lets you use the knobs to control volume, portamento time, pan,
ﬁlter and amp EG, pitch LFO, master effect send levels, and other parameters.
Turn each knob to hear the result.
Note: The B-mode functions for the REALTIME CONTROLS , , , and  knobs can be
viewed for Program mode in the 0: Play, Program page, and for Combination mode in the 0:
Play, Combination page.