• SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
• The POWER button on the front panel and remote control switches the unit from ON to
STANDBY but does not isolate the unit from the mains supply. If it is to be left
unattended for a long period, it is recommended that the unit is switched to standby
and the mains plug is removed from the socket.
• Never open the covers or touch the insides or insert a metal object. Any of these could
cause an electric shock or a fault.
• The apparatus should not be exposed to dripping or splashing.
• To clean the cabinets and panels when dirty, clean off dirt on the surfaces with a soft,
dry cloth. Never use thinner, benzene or alcohol, as these will damage the surface
• Protect the unit against excessive heat (e.g. direct sunlight), dust and moisture.
• Discs which can be played on the MD player have the following mark on them:
• Be careful not to damage the power supply cord. Be sure to hold the plug when pulling
it out. Do not pull the cord.
• Do not install the set in a confined location. Otherwise, heat dissipation will be poor
and malfunctions may occur.
• Do not place foreign objects in the disc compartment. It may cause damage to the
• Do not move the unit suddenly from a very cold room into a warm room. When a
chilled MD player is moved suddenly to a warm location, condensation may form on
the pickup lens, preventing proper operation. In this case, wait for 1 – 2 hours before
• During playback, if the MD player is subjected to a sudden shock or jolt, some noise
may be produced. This is not a malfunction.
• The MD player has wide dynamic range. As a result, if you turn your amplifier's volume
up too high during soft (low volume) passages of a program, your speakers may be
damaged when the dynamic range of a sudden loud passage is produced.
• Do not store discs in high-temperature, high-humidity locations. The discs may develop
warps and become unplayable. Also, discs with moisture on them may be unplayable.
Wipe any moisture off with a soft, dry cloth, and be sure discs are dried completely
• Do not leave a disc inside the MD player when it is not used for a long period.
remove disc from the compartment and do not subject to shock when moving the unit.
Failure to do so may damage the unit.
Electrical energy can perform many useful functions. This unit has been engineered
and manufactured to assure your personal safety. Improper use can result in potential
electrical shock or fire hazards. In order not to defeat the safeguards, observe the
following instructions for its installation, use and servicing.