1 Introduction 1.1 General This publication covers Husqvarna ride-on lawn mowers 112C5, 112C, 115C from and including model year 2020. Workshop manuals are available for models that are no longer sold. 1.2 Document description This manual gives a full description of how to do maintenance and repair on the product.
2 Safety 2.1 Safety definitions • Explosive gases can come from the battery. Do not smoke near the battery. Keep the battery away from Warnings, cautions and notes are used to point out open flames and sparks. specially important parts of the manual. WARNING: Used if there is a risk of injury or 2.4 Risk of sparks death for the operator or bystanders if the...
Clutch (112C5). 2.6 Transport safety • Use an approved transport vehicle for transportation Choke (For 112C and 112C5). of the product. • A markets national or local regulations can set limit to the transportation of the product.
2.8 To put supports below the product WARNING: Always put supports on the 2 sides of the product to make it stable. 1. Park the product on a hard and level ground. To remove the 2. Remove the cutting deck. Refer to cutting deck on page 9 .
3 Prepare and do servicing on the product 3.1 Pre delivery inspection Complete the sales certificate and the customer records. Write the serial number in the operator's manual and confirm the delivery service in the service book. 1342 - 001 - 09.03.2020 Prepare and do servicing on the product - 7...
Charge the battery at 12V, maximum 3A for 4 hours. 1. Put the seat in the frame. Servicing Use a Husqvarna battery charger. Refer to 2. Install the 2 screws (A). tools on page 15 . 4.2 To install the steering wheel 1.
3. Push the cutting deck in and make sure that the 7. Attach the drive belt as given in the illustration. guide bolts are put into the grooves on the equipment frame. 4. Align the pipes on the cutting deck with the pipes on the equipment frame.
4. Put the lift lever for the cutting deck in operation 9. For : Hold the cutting deck with 2 hands and pull it position. out until it stops. 5. Release the clip and remove the drive belt cover. 10. Lift the equipment frame lock to vertical position. WARNING: The lock mechanism can cause injury to fingers if you do not operate it carefully.
3. Loosen the dipstick and pull it out. recommend biodegradable alkylate gasoline. Do not use gasoline that contains more than 10% ethanol. • Do a check of the fuel level before each use and refuel if necessary. • Do not fully fill the fuel tank. Keep a space of a minimum 2.5 cm.
5 Function test 5.1 Operation conditions These conditions are necessary to start the engine: • The parking brake is applied. • The cutting deck is lifted. The engine must stop in these situations: • The parking brake is not applied and the operator lifts from the seat.
6 Maintenance 6.1 Maintenance schedule for the service center 1. PREPARE THE PRODUCT First servicing Maintenance interval in hours Do a check of the battery. Do a check of the blades. Do a check of the belts and pulleys. Do a check of the steering chain of the inner side of the frame tunnel. Do an inspection, lubricate and adjust all wires.
4. CUTTING EQUIPMENT First servicing Maintenance interval in hours Clean the outer and inner surfaces of the cutting deck and the cutting deck covers. Do a check of and adjust the cutting height. 5. LAST INSPECTION AND DOCUMENTATION First servicing Maintenance interval in hours...
8 Function overview 8.1 Product overview 112C, 115C 1. Type plate 2. Lever to engage or disengage the drive 3. Battery 4. Throttle control/choke control 5. Ignition lock 6. Lift lever for the cutting deck 7. Rearward pedal 8. Forward pedal 9.
Refer to the engine manual supplied by the engine manufacturer. 8.5 Transmissions The manual gearbox in model 112C5 contains 5 forward gears, 1 neutral position and 1 rearward gear. The 1342 - 001 - 09.03.2020 Function overview - 17...
8.7 Cutting deck operator can change the gear directly from neutral position to fifth gear without stop at each gear between The product cuts satisfactorily in small spaces because those positions. of the front attached cutting deck. The hydrostatic transmission in the models 112C, 115C gives the operator full control of the product.
9 Repair instructions 9.1 Chassis 184.108.40.206 To remove and install the right fender 1. Remove the seat. Refer to To install the seat on 9.1.1 To remove the covers page 8 . 2. Remove the knob on the throttle lever and height 220.127.116.11 To remove and install the cutting deck cover adjustment lever.
3. Install in the opposite sequence. 18.104.22.168 To remove the frame tunnel cover 1. Remove the 3 screws. 22.214.171.124 To remove the right footrest plate 1. Remove the knob on the reverse pedal. 2. Lift the frame tunnel cover. To remove and 2.
6. Remove the battery box. 3. Push the fasteners and remove the cover. 7. Install in the opposite sequence. 126.96.36.199 To remove the engine side covers 115C To remove the 1. Remove the engine cover. Refer to 188.8.131.52 To remove and install the side covers engine cover on page 21 .
184.108.40.206 To do a check of the throttle cable Make sure that the engine speed changes when the 220.127.116.11 To adjust the parking brake cable (112C5) throttle is changed. Do a check that the engine gets the Technical data on page correct speed at full throttle.
5. Do a check of the parking brake cable and adjust if it To adjust the parking brake is necessary. Refer to cable (112C5) on page 22 . 9.1.4 Wheel hub 18.104.22.168 To remove and install the wheels CAUTION: The dimension of the spacers and the number of washers can change between different wheels.
9.1.5 Rear axle 10. Remove the steering cables. 22.214.171.124 To disassemble and assemble the articulated steering joint 1. Put chocks in front of and behind the front wheels. 2. Put supports below the front carriage in front of the articulated steering joint. 11.
13. Loosen the articulated steering shaft with an M8 126.96.36.199 To replace the articulated steering bearing slide hammer. 1. Disassemble the articulated steering joint. Refer to To disassemble and assemble the articulated steering joint on page 24 . 2. Remove the bearings with a mandrel. Tap the bottom bearing from above and tap the top bearing from below.
4. Pull the pivoting rear axle (A). 4. Remove the snap ring (A). 5. Remove the washer (B) and the ring (C) 188.8.131.52 To replace the bushings of the pivoting rear axle 1. Remove the pivoting rear axle. Refer to disassemble the pivoting rear axle on page 25 .
To do a check 11. Do a test of the gear control. Refer to 9.2.1 To do a check of the gear control 112C5 of the gear control 112C5 on page 27 . 1. Put the gear lever in the neutral position.
20 . To remove and a) For model 112C, 112C5 refer to install the muffler (112C, 112C5) on page 29 . To remove the 3. Remove the engine cover. Refer to To remove and install b) For models 115C refer to engine cover on page 21 .
14. Install in the opposite sequence. 7. Install in the opposite sequence. 9.2.5 To remove and install the muffler (112C, 112C5) 9.2.6 To remove and install the muffler (115C) To remove the 1. Remove the engine cover. Refer to To remove the 1.
3. Remove the dipstick. WARNING: Do not operate the engine for more than 1–2 minutes before you drain the engine 4. Let the oil run out into the container. oil. The engine oil becomes very hot and can 5. Attach the oil drain plug. cause burn injuries.
9.3 Electrical system 9.3.1 Electrical system overview 1. Fuel solenoid 6. Battery 2. EFM 7. Microswitch, parking brake 3. Main fuse 8. Safety switch for the lift lever 4. Starter relay 9. Ignition lock 5. Operator presence control (OPC) 1342 - 001 - 09.03.2020 Repair instructions - 31...
9.3.2 Electrical diagram 9.3.3 To remove and install the battery 4. Remove the battery. WARNING: Obey the safety instructions given Risk of sparks on page 4 . CAUTION: Hold the bolts to prevent strain to the terminals. 1. Tilt the seat forward. 2.
9.3.4 To replace the main fuse 5. Remove the screw that holds the spring and spring washer. 1. Remove the 2 screws and remove the frame cover. 2. Pull the fuse from the holder. 6. Disconnect the cable connections from the OPC. 3.
9.3.6 To do a check of the brake pedal microswitch 9.3.8 To remove and install the ignition switch 1. Remove the steering column cover. Refer to 1. Remove the ignition key and the rubber seal. remove and install the steering column cover on 2.
6. Push the hose clips against the fuel filter. a) For models 112C, 112C5. 9.4.2 To remove and install the fuel tank WARNING: Gasoline is very flammable and Special dangerous to the environment. Refer to safety instructions on page 4 .
To replace 3. Remove the transmission belt. Refer to the transmission belt 112C, 115C on page 44 or To replace the transmission belt 112C5 on page 45 . To replace 5. Remove the transmission belt. Refer to 4. Remove the brake cable spring (A).
6. Remove the rear end of the gear control cable from 10. Remove the 4 screws. the ball joint. 11. Install in the opposite sequence. 9.5.4 Hydrostatic transmission cable 7. Remove the clutch spring. 184.108.40.206 To adjust the hydrostatic transmission cable (112C, 115C) 1.
220.127.116.11 To replace the hydrostatic transmission cable 5. Cut the cable tie behind the left front wheel. To remove 1. Remove the frame tunnel cover. Refer to the frame tunnel cover on page 20 . 2. Remove the steering column cover. Refer to remove and install the steering column cover on page 19 .
8. Connect the front end of the new hydrostatic 5. Attach the blade, the washer and the bolt. Tighten transmission cable to the rear end of the used the bolt with the correct tightening torque. Refer to Tightening torques on page 51 . hydrostatic transmission cable with a nut.
7. Remove the protective washer. 4. To balance the blades put a rod horizontally in a vise. 8. Make a mark on one end of the shaft. Push out the 5. Put the center hole of the blade on the end of the shaft with a puller.
9.8 Steering 4. For 115C only: Remove the adjustment nuts (C) on the weight transfer springs (D). 9.8.1 To examine and adjust the steering cables CAUTION: Do not tighten the cables too much. 1. Move the steering cables manually up and down on the steering collar.
8. Make sure that the cables in the cable pulleys (G) To remove and 1. Remove the side covers. Refer to are in the correct position. install the side covers on page 21 . 9. Make sure that the steering wheel is in the center 2.
8. If it is necessary to replace the bearing, tap out of 10. Pull down the steering column (C) in front of the the bushing (F) from the bearing. frame. 9. Pull up the steering column (C) and move the lower 11.
4. Remove the spring for the engine belt with a spring 7. Remove the rear end of the engine belt. hook. 8. Install in the opposite sequence. 9.9.3 To replace the transmission belt 112C, 115C 5. Remove the screw and the belt tensioner. To remove the 1.
6. Remove the tension pulley screw (A) and the tension pulley (B). 8. Install in the opposite sequence. 9.9.4 To replace the transmission belt 112C5 To remove the 1. Remove the engine cover. Refer to engine cover on page 21 .
8. Remove the front end of the transmission belt. 9. Move the main belt from the tension pulley. 9. Install in the opposite sequence. 10. Remove the brake spring. 9.9.5 To replace the main belt Note: There is a cutting deck brake on model 115C only. To remove the 1.
12. Remove the main belt. 6. Pull out the belt from the front of the product. 7. Install in the opposite sequence. 13. Install in the opposite sequence. 9.9.6 To replace the equipment belt To remove the 1. Remove the cutting deck. Refer to cutting deck on page 9 .
10 Troubleshooting 10.1 Troubleshooting schedule Fault Possible cause Steps Troubleshooting Procedure The start motor Cutting deck Make sure that the lift lever is in the top position. Move the lift lev- does not start lowered. er to the top po- when the key sition if it is nec- switch is turned...
Fault Possible cause Steps Troubleshooting Procedure The start motor Wiring fault. Do a check that the yellow cable to the engine gets Repair the cable operates cor- voltage from the battery when the key switch is in ig- or replace the rectly but the nition position.
11 Technical data 11.1 Technical data 112C 112C5 115C Dimensions Length without cutting deck, mm 1781 1781 1813 Width without cutting deck, mm Length including cutting deck, mm 2124 2124 2288 Width including cutting deck, mm Height, mm 1076 1076...