Mark V and Mark VII EGPWS Pilot's Guide
Note: Visual and audio indications may vary and procedures
provided are representative. Refer to an applicable AFM or
EGPWS AFMS for specific implementation.
Recommended response to EGPWS alerts are as follows:
1. Stop any descent and climb as necessary to eliminate the
2. Advise ATC of situation as necessary.
1. Aggressively position throttles for maximum rated thrust.
2. If engaged, disengage the autopilot and smoothly but
3. Continue climbing until the warning is eliminated and safe
4. Advise ATC of situation.
Note: Climbing is the only recommended response unless
operating in visual conditions and/or pilot determines, based
on all available information, that turning in addition to the
climbing is the safest course of action. Follow established
Rev H, August 2011
alert. Analyze all available instruments and information to
determine best course of action.
Apply maximum available power as determined by
emergency need. The pilot not flying (if applicable) should
set power and ensure that TO/GA power and modes are set.
aggressively increase pitch toward "stick shaker" or Pitch
Limit Indicators (PLI) to obtain maximum climb
flight is assured.