Clean the Drum Unit Using Drum Dot Print
If your printout has dots or other repeating marks at 94 mm intervals, the drum may have foreign material,
such as glue from a label, stuck on the drum surface.
1. Make sure the machine is in Ready mode.
2. Press a or b to display the [Print Reports] option, and then press OK.
3. Press a or b to select the [Drum Dot Print] option.
4. Press Start.
The machine prints the Drum Dot Check Sheet.
5. Press and hold
6. Open the front cover.
7. Remove the toner cartridge and drum unit assembly from the machine.
8. Turn the drum unit as shown in the illustration. Make sure that the drum unit gear is on the left side.
9. Use the numbered markers next to the drum roller to find the mark on the drum. For example, a dot in column
2 on the check sheet means that there is a mark in drum region "2".
Clean the Machine
to turn the machine off.
> Clean the Drum Unit Using Drum Dot Print