Network Security Features
> Manage Your Network Machine Securely Using Web Based Management
Manage Your Network Machine Securely Using Web Based Management
To manage your network machine securely, you must use management utilities with security protocols.
We recommend using the HTTPS protocol for secure management. To use this protocol, HTTPS must be
enabled on your machine.
The HTTPS protocol is enabled by default.
You can change the HTTPS protocol settings using the Web Based Management screen.
1. Start your web browser.
2. Type "https://Common Name" in your browser's address bar (where "Common Name" is the Common Name
that you assigned to the certificate; this could be your IP address, node name, or domain name).
3. No password is required by default. Type a password if you have set one, and then click
4. You can now access the machine using HTTPS.
If you use the SNMPv3 protocol, follow the steps below.
You can also change the SNMP settings by using BRAdmin Professional.
5. Click the Network tab.
6. Click Protocol.
7. Make sure the SNMP setting is enabled, and then click Advanced Settings.
8. Configure the SNMP settings.
There are three options for SNMP Mode of Operation.
SNMP v1/v2c read-write access
In this mode, the print server uses version 1 and version 2c of the SNMP protocol. You can use all
Brother applications in this mode. However, it is not secure since it will not authenticate the user, and data
will not be encrypted.
SNMPv3 read-write access and v1/v2c read-only access
Manage Your Network Machine Securely Using SSL/