Options Before Composing a Message
1. From the Home screen, touch
2. Before composing a message, press
• Search: Search through all of your messages for a
certain word or string of words. Enter a search string in
the Messaging Search window and touch
• Delete threads: Delete any message thread. Select
messages to delete, and then touch Delete.
• Draft messages: Display the draft messages folder
and its contents.
• Locked messages: Display the locked messages
folder and its contents.
• Scheduled messages: Display messages scheduled
to be sent in the future.
• Spam messages: Display messages labeled as spam.
• Save messages: Select messages and save them to the
saved messages folder.
• Font size: Adjust the size of the font.
• Settings: Access Messaging settings. For more
information, refer to "Messaging Settings" on page 85.
Options While Composing a Message
While composing a message, press
• Insert smiley: Add emoticons, such as a happy face to
• Add text: Copy text from your contacts, calendar, or
from a memo to add to your message. This is a
convenient feature for adding names, phone numbers,
events, and so on, to your message.
• Add to contacts: Add the recipient to your Contacts
list. This option only appears if the recipient is not
already in your Contacts list.
• View contact: See details on the recipient. This option
only appears if the recipient is in your Contacts list.
• Add slide: Add a new page to a message.
• Scheduling: Schedule a time when the message is to
be sent. The scheduled time must be at least six
minutes later than the current time.
• Discard: Delete the current message.
• Translate: Launches S Translator to translate text to or
from another language.
• Font size: Set the font size for the message.