This section of the Settings screen contains general settings
and input controls for your device.
Choose settings for unlocking your screen. For more
information about using the lock and unlock features, see
"Lock and Unlock the Touch Screen" on page 10.
1. From the Settings screen, touch My device tab
2. Touch Screen lock for these options, then follow the
onscreen instructions to set up your Screen lock:
• Swipe: Swipe the screen to unlock it.
• Face unlock: Look at your device to unlock it.
• Face and voice: Look at your device and speak to
• Pattern: A screen unlock pattern is a touch gesture you
create and use to unlock your device. Follow the
prompts to create or change your screen unlock
• PIN: Select a PIN to use for unlocking the screen.
• Password: Create a password for unlocking the
• None: No pattern, PIN, or password is required. The
screen will never lock.
Lock Screen Options
The following options are available depending on the
Screen Lock type that you have selected.
The options available when Screen lock is set to Swipe are:
Multiple widgets: Display multiple widgets on your lock
screen. Appears as an options after a lock mode is
Lock screen widgets: Lock the widgets that are displayed
on your home screens.
Shortcuts: Set shortcuts to appear at the bottom of the
Lock screen. Touch OFF/ON button to enable the feature.
Unlock effect: Set the effect you receive when unlocking
the device. You can select None, Ripple effect, or Light