Intellectual Property All Intellectual Property, as defined below, owned by or which is otherwise the property of Samsung or its respective suppliers relating to the SAMSUNG Phone, including but not limited to, accessories, parts, or software relating there to (the “Phone System”), is proprietary to Samsung and protected under federal laws, state laws, and international treaty provisions.
Samsung device. During the testing, the device is tested with the security solutions to see if the solutions work with the device as described by the third party security solution providers.
DEVICES AND APPLICATIONS TESTED WITH SAFE™ DEVICES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE SAMSUNG ENTITIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SECURITY PROTECTION, SAFE™ DEVICES OR APPLICATIONS TESTED WITH SAFE™ DEVICES. In...
® ABOUT DIVX VIDEO: DivX is a digital video format created by DivX, LLC, a subsidiary of Rovi Corporation. This is an official DivX ® Certified device that has passed rigorous testing to verify that it plays DivX video. Visit www.divx.com for more information and software tools to convert your files into DivX videos.
Section 1: Getting Started This section explains how to get started with your phone by Unless otherwise specified, all instructions in this manual installing and charging the battery, installing the micro SIM assume you are starting from the Home screen and using the card and optional memory card, and setting up your voice available keys.
Special Text Example: From the Home screen, press (Menu) Throughout this manual, you’ll find text that is set apart from Settings Bluetooth. the rest. These are intended to point out important Battery Cover information, share quick methods for activating features, to define terms, and more.
SIM Card Overview Important! Before removing or replacing the micro SIM card, make sure the device is switched off. To turn the phone off, hold down the key until the power-off image displays, then tap Power off. The micro SIM card is loaded with your subscription details such as your telephone number, PIN, available optional Release Latch services, and many other features.
Installing and Removing the SIM card To remove the micro SIM card: 1. Remove the battery cover. This device uses a different type of SIM card called a “micro SIM”. Other larger SIM cards will not function or fit within this 2.
Installing the microSD Memory Card Important! Be sure to align the gold contact pins on the card Your device supports an optional (external) microSD™ with the phone’s contact pins. memory cards for storage of media such as music, pictures, video and other files. The SD card is designed for use with this mobile device and other devices.
Battery Removing the Battery Before using your device for the first time, install the battery Grip the battery at the top end (3) and lift it up and out and charge it fully. of the battery compartment (4). Important! Before removing or replacing the battery, make Installing Battery sure the device is switched off.
Use only approved batteries and continuously and prevent proper operation. Failure to chargers. Ask your local Samsung dealer for further details. unplug the wall charger before you remove the battery, Before using your device for the first time, you must fully can cause the device to become damaged.
5. When charging is finished, first unplug the charger’s Warning! While the device is charging, if the touch screen power plug from the AC wall outlet, then disconnect does not function due to an unstable power supply the charger’s connector from the phone. unplug the USB power adapter from the power outlet or unplug the USB cable from the device.
Extending Your Battery Life Low Battery Indicator When the battery level is low and only a few minutes of talk Active applications, light levels, Bluetooth usage, and GPS time remain (~15% charge), a warning tone sounds and the functionality all act to drain your battery. The following is a “Battery low”...
• Use the Task Manager feature to end/shutdown background • Click Skip to continue without entering this information. applications that are still running. These minimized applications 4. If you indicated that you did not have a current Google can, over time, cause your device to “slow down”. account, then at the Make it Google screen, choose •...
Switching the Device On or Off Note: This software collects only diagnostic data from your Once the device has been configured, you will not be device so that T-Mobile technicians can better prompted with setup screens again. troubleshoot issues with your device. To turn the device on: 10.
Restarting the Device Creating a New Google Account 1. Press and hold (Power/End) until the Device You should create a Google™ account when you first use options screen appears. your device in order to fully utilize available functionality. This account provides access to several device features such as 2.
To create a new Google Account from the Web: 5. From the Backup and restore screen, you can enable 1. From a computer, launch a Web browser and navigate the option to stay up to date on news and offers, then to www.google.com.
Memory card, it is a very good idea to confirm account to help provide access to Play Store, etc.. An active this location before using your device. Samsung account is required to begin accessing applications such as Media Hub. Important! Too many users can overlook this storage destination until something goes wrong.
Voice Mail 2. If you have previously created a Samsung account, tap Setting Up Your Voice Mail Sign in. – or – Your device automatically transfers all unanswered calls to If this is your first time, tap Create new account.
Accessing Your Voice Mail Visual Voicemail You can access your Voice Mail by either pressing and Visual Voicemail enables users to view a list of people who holding on the keypad, or by using the phone’s left a voicemail message, and listen to the any message they Application icon, then tapping the Voice Mail application.
Task Manager To check Visual Voicemail messages: 1. From the Home screen, tap (Apps) Your device can run applications simultaneously, with some (Visual Voicemail). applications running in the background. 2. Tap the voicemail message you want to play. Sometimes your device might seem to slow down over time, 3.
Google Now • Downloaded displays any installed packages or applications from the Play Store that are taking up memory space. Tap ® Google Now recognizes a users’ repeated actions Uninstall to remove them from your phone. performed on the device (including access of common •...
To configure the Google Now settings: 1. Press and hold (Home) and then tap (Google Now). 2. Press and select Settings. 3. Access each desired Settings page and configure it as desired. When these condition are met, new card information will begin to appear in the Google Now list of cards.
Section 2: Understanding Your Device • This section outlines key features of your device. It also Over 700,000 Apps available to download from the Google Play™ describes the device’s keys, screen and the icons that Store display when the device is in use. ®...
• Compatibility with a new micro SIM card • Wi-Fi Calling via the use of a micro SIM card • Access to thousands of Movies and TV Shows with the Samsung Media Hub Understanding Your Device...
Front View The following illustrations show the main elements of your device. The following list correlates to the illustrations. 1. Headset jack allows you to connect a hands-free headset so you can listen to music. 2. Indicator light illuminates with a series of distinct colors and flashing patterns to indicate different notifications and statuses.
3. Menu key displays a list of options available for the 8. Display shows all the information needed to operate current screen. From the Home screen it displays Add your phone, such as the connection status, received apps and widgets, Create folder, Set wallpaper, Edit signal strength, phone battery level, and time.
Back View Side Views The following illustration shows the external elements of your The following illustration shows the side elements of your Device: device: 1. microSD Card Slot (internal) allows you use a microSD card to expand the memory of your device. 2.
Status Bar 2. Power/End key ends a call or switches the phone off and on. Press and hold for two seconds to The Status Bar shows information about the connection turn toggle the Silent mode or Airplane mode states, status, signal strength, phone battery level, and time, and turn the device on or off, or Restart.
Indicates there is no signal available. Displays when the microphone is muted. Icon is displayed in the Status bar area. Displays when there is no SIM card in the phone. Displays when Call forwarding is set to Always forward. Displayed in the Status bar when the current call is minimized.
Displays when connected to the EDGE network. Displays when there is a new voicemail message. Displays when there is a new visual voicemail Displays when your phone is communicating with message. the EDGE network. Displays in the notifications window when there is Displays when connected to the 3G network.
Displays when an alarm is set. Displays when the an outbound file transfer is in For more information, refer to “Setting an Alarm” on progress. page 196. Displays when a file or application download is in Displays when the device is in Silent mode. progress.
Displays when your device is connected being Displays when Wi-Fi Direct is active and configured used to control streaming media and is connected for a direct connection to another compatible to a Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) device in the same direct communication mode. certified device using the AllShare Play application.
External SD card. Displays in the notifications window when action is required within the Samsung account application. Displays when the microSD card has been improperly removed or unexpectedly. Displays in the notifications window when there are too many on-screen notification icons to display.
Notification Bar The Notification area indicates new message events (data sync status, new messages, calendar events, call status, etc). You can expand this area to display the Notification screen that provides more detailed information about the current on-screen notification icons. 1.
Accessing Additional Screen Functions Function Keys In addition to notifications, this screen also provides quick Your device comes equipped with three main function keys and ready access to separate device functions. These can be that can be used on any screen: Home, Menu, and Back. Home Key quickly activated or deactivated by toggling them on or off.
Home Screen • Notification area displays those icons associated with end-user notifications such as: email messages, calls (missed, call in The Home screen is the starting point for using the progress), new voicemail, upcoming event, USB connection, applications on your phone. There are initially seven Emails, and Text/MMS messages.
• Primary Shortcuts: are four shortcuts present throughout all of Note: Both the status bar and primary shortcuts are visible the available screens and can be used to both navigate within the across all screens. device or launch any of the following functions: –...
Applications Home Screen Menu Settings When on the Home screen, press to reveal the The Application menu provides quick access to the most following menu options: frequently used applications. Applications display on each of • Add apps and widgets allows you to quickly access the Widget the three panels on the Applications screens.
• Uninstall: allows you to uninstall a user-downloaded Important! For help closing any or all current applications, use application. Only those applications that are not default to the the Task manager. For more information, refer to device can be downloaded. Tap to remove the selected “Task Manager”...
• • Touch and hold: Touch and hold an icon or key to open the Pinch: “Pinch” the screen using your available options, or to access a pop-up menu. For example: thumb and forefinger to zoom out when touch and hold from the Home screen to access a menu of viewing a picture or a Web page.
Accessing Recently-Used Apps Using Gestures 1. Press and hold from any screen to open the By activating the various gesture features within the Motion recently-used applications window. menu (page 304), you can access a variety of time saving functions. 2. Tap an icon to open the selected application. –...
• • Tilt to zoom: Once enabled, you must be on a screen where Sensitivity setting and tutorial: provides access to advanced content can be zoomed. In a single motion, touch and hold two gesture settings and tutorials such as: points on the display then tilt the device back and forth to zoom in •...
Gyroscope Calibration Calibrate your device by using the built-in gyroscope. 1. From the main Settings page, tap Motion Sensitivity settings Gyroscope calibration. Palm Swipe to 2. Place the device on a level surface and tap Calibrate. Screen Capture The device adjusts the level of the accelerometer. During the calibration process a green circle appears on-screen and the center circle adjusts to the center position.
Using the Multi Window This feature allows you to run multiple applications on the current screen at the same time. Note: Only applications found within the Multi window panel can be active atop another current application on the screen. When launching applications that contain multimedia files (music/video), audio from both files will be played simultaneously.
Repositioning the Multi Window Note: Notice that when the apps are visible, the tab turns a The Multi window contains two components: tab and apps dark grey. Its only in this state that the entire panel can panel. The tab can be manually moved across the screen. be relocated.
Customizing the Multi Window apps 4. Tap Done once you have completed the removal process. The applications found within the apps panel of the Multi window can be organized by either being rearranged or To restore a Multi window application: removed.
Using Multi Window to run multiple apps on the In this example we will be launching both the Internet and same screen Maps applications. 1. Launch an application. Any of the apps found within the Multi window panel can be •...
To switch the arrangement of the applications: To split the current applications: 1. With the two 1. With the two applications shown in a split screen, tap App #1 Split/Maximize applications shown in a the Border bar to show the on-screen icons. split screen, tap the 2.
Using Sub-Menus Using Context Menus Sub-menus are available from within most screen and Context menus (also called pop-up menus) contain options applications. that apply to a specific item on the screen. They function similarly to menu options that appear when you right click 1.
Accessing Recently-Used Applications You can customize your Home screen by doing the following: • Adding, Deleting, and Rearranging screens 1. Press and hold to open the recently-used • applications window. Assigning a New Home screen • Adding and Removing Primary Shortcuts Note: This recent applications screen also provides access to •...
Rearranging the Screens To delete a screen: 1. From the Home screen, press and then tap 1. From the Home screen, press and then tap Edit page. Edit page. 2. Touch and hold, then drag the undesired screen down 2. Touch and hold a screen and then drag it into its new to the Remove tab ( location.
2. Select a screen location for your new shortcut by Note: Shared applications consist of those that have scrolling across your available screens until you reach previously been downloaded from the Play Store. the desired one. 3. Tap Apps ( ) to reveal all your current available 4.
To delete a shortcut: To insert a new primary shortcut: 1. Press to go to the Home screen. 1. From the Home screen, tap (Apps). 2. Touch and hold the desired shortcut. This unlocks it 2. Locate your desired application, then touch and hold from its location on the current screen.
Adding and Removing Widgets • This action doesn’t delete the Widget, it just removes it from the current screen. Widgets are self-contained applications that can be placed on any screen. Unlike shortcuts, widgets appear as To place a widget onto a different screen: applications.
Managing Wallpapers Note: Wallpapers supports the following image types: JPEG, Wallpapers consist of either Gallery images (user taken), Live PNG, GIF, BMP, and WBMP. wallpapers (animated backgrounds), or Wallpaper gallery (default phone wallpapers). To change Wallpapers from Settings Menu: 1. From the main Settings page, tap Display Wallpaper.
To change the current Lock screen wallpaper: 1. Navigate to any screen, touch and hold an empty area of the screen, and tap Set wallpaper Lock screen. – or – From the main Settings page, tap Display Wallpaper Lock screen. 2.
Section 3: Call Functions and Contacts List Making a Call This section describes features and functionality associated with making or answering calls, and the Contacts list, which You can store phone numbers that are regularly used to the is used to store contact information. SIM card or to the device’s memory.
Quick Dialing a Number from the Contacts List Running a Call in the Background 1. From the Home screen, tap (Contacts). If you exit the current call screen and return to the Home screen, you are visually notified that you are still on an active 2.
Ending a Call from the Status Bar Making an Emergency Call Without a SIM card installed 1. From an active call, you can launch a separate 1. Tap Emergency call from the on-screen display to make application or return to the Home screen. The current an emergency call.
• 4. Complete your call. During this type of call, you will Call ( ) to call the entered number. have access to the Speaker mode, Keypad, and End • Delete ( ) to delete digits from the current number. Call features.
Answering a Call When somebody calls you, the phone rings and displays the incoming call image. The caller's phone number, picture, or name if stored in Contacts List, displays. Touch and drag At the incoming call screen: upward to reject with a message •...
Managing Reject Calls Adding numbers to the rejection list Entries can be added to the list via either the Contacts menu This feature allows you to categorize both known and or via the Auto reject list menu. The Contacts menu option unknown callers as rejected contacts.
Pause Dialing 3. Tap Save to complete the assignment. International Calls You can dial or save phone numbers with pauses for use with automated systems, such as voicemail or financial phone 1. From the Home screen, tap and then touch and numbers.
Wait Dialing Redialing the Last Number Inserting a Wait into your dialing sequence means that the The device stores the numbers of the calls you’ve dialed, phone waits until it hears a dial tone before proceeding with received, or missed if the caller is identified. the next sequence of numbers.
Setting Up Speed Dial Entries Changing a Speed Dial Entry Order 1. From the Home screen, tap Important! Speed dial location #1 is reserved for Voicemail. No 2. Press and then tap Speed dial setting. other number can be assigned to this slot. Important! The number 1 is reserved for Voicemail and 1.
4. Press to return to the previous screen. Making a Call Using Speed Dial 2. Read the on-screen Samsung Disclaimer and tap Confirm. You can assign a short cut number to a phone number in the 3. Review the Terms of service and tap Agree to continue.
Wi-Fi Calling 6. Tap (Speak) if the device does not hear you or to give it a command. Wi-Fi Calling is a free feature for T-Mobile customers using Example 1: this device with the new ISIM card. Wi-Fi Calling is an •...
Activating Wi-Fi Note: With certain rate plans, minutes used while connected 1. From the main Settings page, locate the Wi-Fi field and to the Wi-Fi network count against available rate plan in a single motion touch and slide to the minutes.
4. If (Missing 911 Address) displays in the Status 7. Tap Wi-Fi Calling to toggle off the feature, then tap it Bar, follow these steps to provide 911 an address for again to reactivate the feature and re-register your emergency situations: device with the T-Mobile Network.
In Call Options When Action Then Your phone provides a number of features that are available Displays on the You are connected to the for use during a call. screen status T-Mobile network and can bar. make Wi-Fi calls. Call Displays on the The Wi-Fi calling feature is duration...
Adjusting the Call Volume Placing a Call on Hold During a call, use the Volume keys on the left side of the You can place the current call on hold whenever you want. If device, to adjust the earpiece volume. your network supports this service, you can also make another call while a call is in progress.
Turning the Speakerphone on and off Switching to Bluetooth Headset 1. Pair the target Bluetooth headset prior to your call. While on a call, you can use your Speakerphone by following these steps: 2. While on a call, switch to the Bluetooth headset instead 1.
Creating a Memo During a Call Adjusting the Call Sound Setting During a call it may be necessary to record information (a During a call it may be necessary to adjust the sound Note). equalizer for the current call. 1. Press and then tap Memo.
4. Wait for the second caller to answer the incoming call When you have two participants in a multi-party session, it might be necessary to place one of those participants on and tap Merge. The two calls are now joined into a hold so that a private conversation can be held with a single multi-party call and display in the order in which they caller.
Call Waiting 3. Tap the participant to which you want to speak privately. You can answer an incoming call while you have a call in You can now talk privately to that person while the progress, if this service is supported by the network and you have previously set the Call waiting option to Activate.
Accessing the Logs Tab Important! The currently active call is displayed with a green 1. From the Home screen, tap (Logs tab). background. Logs Logs 2. Tap an entry to view available options. 4. Tap Swap again to switch back. Note: The Logs tab only records calls that occur while the Logs Tab phone is turned on.
Accessing Call log from The Notifications Area • Copy to dialing screen press to edit the selected number before you place your next outbound call. 1. Locate from the Notifications area of the Status • Delete press to delete the Contacts entry. bar.
• View contact to view the information for the currently stored To clear a single entry from the list: Contacts entry. 1. From the Home screen, tap Logs Logs • Add to reject list to add the current phone number to an 2.
• Google voice typing: provides a voice to text interface. 2. Tap (Choose input method) and select an • Samsung keyboard (default): an on-screen QWERTY available input method. keyboard that can be used in both portrait and landscape orientation. •...
Entering Text Using Swype Enabling and Configuring Swype If you configure another text input method (Samsung Swype™ is the default text input method that allows you to keyboard) you must re-enable Swype before using the enter a word by sliding your finger or stylus from letter to Swype keyboard.
Swype Text Entry Tips Selecting a Text Input Mode in Swype 1. From a screen where you can enter text, tap the text You can access the SwypeTips application and watch a video or tutorial on using Swype. You can also use the following input field to reveal the on-screen keyboard.
Swype Keyboard Overview • Recipients: a field where you can enter the recipients of the current message. You can choose from Groups, Favorites, Recipients Contacts, or Logs. • Text Input field: a field where text, number, or other characters Text input field can be entered.
Using 123ABC Mode in SWYPE All lowercase In 123ABC mode, you can enter only letters and a few Displays when the next character is entered in common punctuation marks from the on-screen keyboard. lowercase. Pressing this while in 123SYM mode, The text mode key shows reveals additional numeric-symbols keys.
3. Tap the on-screen key for the number or symbol you other characters. want to enter. To use the Samsung keyboard you must first configure the 4. Tap to select from additional symbols. settings to default to the Samsung keyboard.
Entering Text using Different Input Options 2. The virtual keyboard is then assigned to the Samsung keyboard configuration for all subsequent text input. Although the default text input method with the Samsung keyboard is to use the on-screen keys you have other...
• Settings to access the Samsung keyboard settings menu. All lowercase Changing the Text Input Mode in Keyboard Displays when the next character is entered in 1. From a screen where you can enter text, tap the text lowercase. input field to reveal the on-screen keyboard.
Using ABC Mode in Samsung Keyboard Using Symbol/Numeric Mode 1. From a screen where you can enter text, tap the text Use the Symbol/Numeric Mode to add numbers, symbols, input field to reveal the on-screen keyboard. or emoticons. While in this mode, the text mode key displays 2.
To enter symbols: 4. Tap (Done) when you are finished. – or – 1. Tap to configure the keyboard for Symbol mode. (Resume) to resume recognition. 2. Tap the appropriate symbol key. Note: The feature works best when you break your message –...
2. From the Home screen, press and then tap alphabetically. You can create either a Phone, SIM, MobileLife Settings Add account. Contacts, Samsung account, Google, or Microsoft Exchange – or – ActiveSync contact. From the Home screen, tap (Apps) Note: Before you can save a contact to the Phone, Contact (Settings) Add account.
• Note: You can also add a new contact by entering a number Samsung account contacts are shared with your existing from the keypad and pressing and then tap Add to Samsung account.
4. Tap the Name field and enter a name for this contact 8. Enter additional information such as: Email, Address, using the displayed keypad. Events, Groups, Ringtone, Message alert, Vibration • Tap to access additional name entries such as: Name pattern or tap Add another field to input additional prefix, First name, Middle name, Last name, and Name suffix.
Mobile, Home, Work, Work Fax, Home Fax, Pager, Other, 4. Tap a destination type (Phone, SIM, MobileLife Contacts, Custom, or Callback. Samsung account, Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync, or Google) (depending on where you want to save the new 8. Enter additional fields as desired.
Finding a Contact You can store phone numbers and their corresponding Tabs names onto either your SIM card, your phone’s built-in Search Create memory, or an external location (such as Google, Exchange, Contacts Contacts or T-Mobile Backup). They are all physically separate but are field used as a single entity, called Contacts.
Editing Contact Information 3. Edit the contact information then: • Tap Save to complete and store the new entry or 1. From the Home screen, tap • Tap Cancel to delete the current entry. 2. Tap a contact name from the list and tap (Edit).
4. Enter additional information such as: Email, Address, 3. Tap Add to Contacts Update existing. Events, Groups, Ringtone, Message alert, Vibration 4. Scroll through the available list of existing entries and pattern or tap Add another field to input additional select the desired target.
If several of your contacts are from other external sources, this • Contacts to display: allows you to choose All contacts, Phone, allows you to “back them up” or copy them to your Samsung display contacts stored to your SIM card, Samsung account, account.
• Print contact info: allows you to print selected information on • Join contact: allows you to link the current contact to another a compatible Samsung printer. current contact. Similar to a “see also” feature. If you can’t remember a contact’s information, linking entries can help you find the person you are looking for.
Contact Entry Options Joining Contact Information 1. From the Home screen, Most people now maintain multiple email accounts, social networking logins, and other similar account information. For example, a Facebook account login name might differ from a 2. Tap an entry to reveal the corporate email account login because they are maintained Contact entry’s Overview separately and for different groups of people.
1. From the Home screen, tap Important! It is the first contact image that is displayed for 2. Tap a contact name (the name you want to link to both, and the first contact’s name that is used. another entry) to reveal the Contact entry’s Overview For example: If Amy (original entry) is joined with Screen.
Unjoining a Contact Marking a Contact as Default 1. From the Home screen, tap When you use applications such as the Voice Dialer or other messaging type applications, the application needs to know 2. Tap a contact name (the account name from which you which information is primary (default) in a contact entry list.
Note: Email appears as an option only after an Internet or • Messaging to attach the contact cards to a new outgoing text Exchange email account has been created. message. Note: The Web storage Upload feature requires that you are logged into your Samsung account prior to upload.
Copying Contact Information • Wi-Fi Direct to transmit the entries to another Wi-Fi Direct Copying Contact Information to the SIM Card enabled device. Sending a namecard using Bluetooth The default storage location for saving phone numbers to You must create a Contact prior to sending a namecard to a your Contacts list is your phone’s built-in memory.
Copying Contact Information to the microSD Synchronizing Contacts Card Syncing data from your managed accounts allows you to add This procedure allows you to copy entry information saved and manage a new or existing contact from your online or on the phone’s memory, onto the SIM card. remote accounts to your phone.
Note: Syncing of contacts requires you are logged into your the MobileLife account. Gmail and Corporate accounts via the device. • Samsung account lists those Contacts currently found and Display Options sync’d within the Samsung account. • Google lists those Contacts currently found within the Google The Display options menu allows you to allows you to choose account.
1. From the Home screen, press and then tap to synchronize with your Contact list. Selections are: Settings and then navigate to the Accounts area. Samsung account, ChatON, Dropbox, Email, Facebook, 2. Tap Add account Facebook. Google, LDAP, Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync, or 3.
Additional Contact Options 5. If prompted, configure any requested optional Sending an Email to a Contact permissions and tap Log in. 6. Tap those contact settings you wish to synchronize (all Note: Contacts must contain and email account and address are enabled by default).
Contact List Settings – Send all namecards allows you to set your Contact sharing option to all so that your entire Contacts entries are sent as a From this menu you can determine the default storage group and not as multiple single files. If all your entries are location for Contacts, display your phone’s primary number, and view service numbers listed in your Contact list.
Groups Note: Some externally maintained group types (such as This feature allows you to add a new or existing contact to a Google) can only be managed or updated remotely call group. This group can be one of the already present online vs via the device.
Editing a Caller Group 2. Tap an existing group, and press and then tap Send message. To edit a Group entry, there must be at least one member as – or – part of the selected group. 1. From the Home screen, tap Touch and hold a group entry and select Send message.
Section 6: Messages This section describes how to send or receive different types The Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) lets you send and of messages. It also explains the features and functionality receive multimedia messages (such as picture, video, and associated with messaging. audio messages) to and from other mobile phones or email Types of Messages addresses.
Creating and Sending Messages 4. Add more recipients by tapping either the Enter recipient field or and selecting recipients. 1. From the Home screen, tap (Messaging) 5. Tap the Enter message field and use the on-screen (Compose). keypad to enter a message. For more information, refer 2.
Message Options Quick Messaging a Number from the Contacts List Options before composing a message 1. From the Home screen, tap (Contacts). 1. From the Home screen, tap (Messaging) 2. Locate an entry from the Contacts list. 2. Before composing a message, press from the 3.
Options while composing a message • Spam messages: displays the spam messages folder and its contents. 1. From the Home screen, tap (Messaging) • Text templates: displays your available text message reply 2. From within an open message, press to display templates.
• • Duration (5 sec) (only in MMS): allows you to change the Video: allows you to choose an existing video from the Videos list, duration of the image slideshow. then add it to your message. • • Layout (bottom) (only in MMS): allows you to change the Capture video: allows you to temporarily exit the message, layout.
Adding Additional Text Viewing Newly Received Messages You can copy text such as names, phone numbers, and When you receive a message, your phone notifies you by events from your Contacts, Calendar, or a Memo. displaying within the Notification area at the top left of 1.
Message Threads 3. Compose your reply. Your texts are colored Blue and your caller’s replies are Sent and received text and Current Recipient My Text Yellow. picture messages are grouped into message 4. Tap (Send) to deliver your reply. threads. Threaded messages –...
Deleting Messages To access additional Bubble options: Deleting a single message thread Touch and hold the message bubble within an active message conversation to display the following options: 1. From the Home screen, tap • Delete message: deletes the currently selected message 2.
Message Search Deleting a single message bubble 1. From the Home screen, tap You can search through your messages by using the 2. Open a message to reveal the message string. Message Search feature. 1. From the Home screen, tap 3.
Multimedia message (MMS) settings • Use the volume key: allows you to change the text size by • Delivery reports: when this option is activated, the network using the up or down volume keys. General settings informs you whether or not your message was delivered. •...
Push message settings Note: The Presidential alert can not be disabled. • Push messages: allows you to receive push messages from the network. • Emergency notification preview: allows you to play a sample • Service loading: allows you to set the type of service loading emergency alert tone.
Emergency Alert Configuration There are three types of Emergency Alerts: • Alerts issued by the President This device is designed to receive wireless emergency alerts • Alerts involving imminent threats to safety of life from the Commercial Mobile Alerting System (CMAS); which may also be known as the Personal Localized Alerting •...
Assigning Messages as Spam 5. Tap the Number field to manually enter phone number. – or – You can now assign either a phone number as spam or use a key term or phrase. Any message assigned as spam is to select from either your existing Logs or automatically placed with your Spam messages folder.
4. Tap Register phrase as spam (Add new). If an incoming message is designated in coming from an unknown sender, it is automatically assigned as spam and is • Register phrase as spam: allows you to assign a specific text now located in your Spam folder.
• To create your own text template: IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol) - This protocol is 1. From the Home screen, tap frequently used in large networks and commercial settings. IMAP4 is the current standard. 2. From the Messaging list, press and then tap Text •...
Creating an Internet Email Account 3. Tap Show password to display the password as you enter it in the associated field. 1. From the Home screen, tap (Apps) • Tap Manual setup to configure your connection settings (Email). manually (POP3 or IMAP). Follow the on-screen prompts and 2.
Composing Email Messages for this account display on the Inbox tab. You can also view Personal information for this account, Receipts (if 1. From the Home screen, tap (Email). you setup the account to return receipts), Travel information, 2. Tap the account name field (upper-right) to open the and more (if available).
• Default account: Assign this account as the default email Note: If you attach an image to your email, you have the option account used for outgoing messages. to resize it prior to delivery. Choose from: Original, • Always Cc/Bcc myself allows you to include your own email Large (70%), Medium (30%), or Small (10%).
• Size to retrieve emails: configures the incoming email size Note: Some the above options may not be displayed when allowed to pass through to your phone automatically without using some Internet account types. user interaction. Emails with attachments larger than Microsoft Exchange Email (Outlook) configured will have to be retrieved manually.
3. Tap Send email from this account by default, to make Important! Remember to manually place the cursor in the this your default email account for outbound emails. correct spot and enter a Domain name before the 4. Tap Show password to display the password as you “[Domain]\[user name]”...
• If your network requires that you accept SSL certificates, tap • Enabling the Automatically download attachments when the Accept all SSL certificates field to place a check mark in connected to Wi-Fi option decreases the wait time to access the box and activate this additional level.
Refreshing Exchange Email Deleting an Exchange Email Message 1. From the Home screen, tap (Email). Touch and hold an email (from your inbox list) and 2. Select an email account. select Delete from the on-screen context menu. • If you are already in an email account, tap the account name –...
– Tap the Signature field, change the current text, and tap Done • Period to sync Email to assign the sync range for your to save the new signature. incoming and outgoing email messages between your phone and your external exchange server. How many days worth of •...
• Period to sync Calendar assigns a period for your phone to • Select ringtone assigns an audible ringtone when a new or sync calendar events. Choose from: 2 weeks, 1 month, upcoming event is pending. 3 months, 6 months, or All calendar. •...
Using Google Mail Refreshing Gmail Mail Google Mail (Gmail) is Google’s web-based email. When you From within the Gmail message list, tap (Refresh) first setup the phone, Gmail is configured. Depending on the at the bottom of the screen to refresh the screen, send synchronization settings, Gmail is automatically synchronized and receive new emails, and synchronize your email with your Gmail account.
4. Press and select Add Cc/Bcc to add a carbon or • Mute: mutes the conversation. blind copy. • Report spam: reports the Email message as spam. 5. Enter the subject of this message in the Subject field. • Report phishing: reports the Email message as a phishing 6.
Gmail accounts. information. Note: Before using this application, you must first have an Important! The Samsung account manages the access active Gmail account available and be currently logged information (username/password) to several applications, such as AllShare Play, ChatON, and Media Hub.
Registering with the Service Note: If you opt to receive the verification code via SMS, this 1. Confirm you have already logged in to your Samsung information is sent directly to your device. Once account. received, the Verification field is automatically filled in.
Using ChatON for Chatting Deleting a single message bubble 1. From the Home screen, tap (Apps) 1. From the Home screen, tap (Apps) (ChatON). (ChatON). 2. Tap the Buddies tab and select a buddy to initiate your 2. Launch a chat session to reveal the message string. chat.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to use Google+. 5. When prompted, configure the Instant Upload parameters as desired and tap DONE. 5. Visit www.google.com/mobile/+/ for more information. Messenger 6. Follow any on-screen setup instructions. 7. At the Messenger screen, tap to start a new Messenger allows you to bring groups of friends together into message.
Section 7: Multimedia Assigning the Default Storage This section explains how to use the multimedia features of Location your device, including the Camera/Camcorder, Music Player, AllShare Play, and how to manage your photos, images and sounds. Important! Too many users can overlook this storage location You can take photographs and shoot video by using the until something goes wrong.
Using the Camera 5. Press (Camera) until the shutter sounds. (The Taking Photos picture is automatically stored within your designated storage location (page 143). If no microSD is installed, Taking pictures with your device’s built-in camera is as all pictures are stored on the Phone.) For more simple as choosing a subject, pointing the camera, then information, refer to “Camera Options”...
Camera Options Shooting mode (continued): Options are represented by icons across both sides of the • Best face: takes a series of photographs screen. simultaneously, then allows you to cycle through The following shortcuts are available for the camera: the available thumbnails and choose the best photo showing the subject’s best face.
Shooting mode (continued): Share shot - Shooting mode: denotes the current shooting mode is set to the Share Shot mode. • Buddy photo share: uses face recognition from pictures in your contacts to send your friends or Settings: family pictures of themselves. Edit shortcuts: allows you to set shortcut icons for the •...
Settings (continued): Settings (continued): Effects: allows you to change the color tone or apply Resolution: allows you to set the image size to either: special effects to the photo. Options include: 8M (3264x2448), W6M (3264x1836), No effect, Cold vintage, Warm vintage, Posterize, 3.2M (2048x1536), W2.4M (2048x1152), Solarize, Green point, Blue point, Red-yellow W0.9M (1280x720), or 0.3M (640x480).
Settings (continued): Camera button: takes a photo when pressed in Camera mode. Auto share shot: when used in conjunction with S Beam, allows you to quickly share images with others. Camera Mode: allows you to take a photo in various modes.
5. Select an entry from your existing list of Contacts 3. Press for additional options such as: – entries. An on-screen bubble confirms the name was Favorites: allows you to assign the current image as a favorite. added. – Slideshow: allows you to see your photos in a slideshow. Pictures and Videos Image Viewer Options –...
3. Press for additional options. with active ChatON buddies. – Print: allows you to print the current image on a compatible Samsung printer. – Rename: allows you to rename the current file. – Scan for nearby devices: scans for nearby DLNA-compliant devices that can receive or display the current image.
Sharing Pictures • S Beam Transfer uses the NFC (near Field Communication) feature found on your device to transmit large files directly to Pictures are the best way of remembering the moment, but another compatible device by direct touch. an even better treat is to share them with others. This method of image transfer requires NFC and S Beam to be Two new features allow you to either instantly share a series enabled prior to use.
Enabling Share Shot 3. Tap Scan and select the single device name to begin the connection process to another Wi-Fi Direct Share shot is a Wi-Fi Direct group sharing feature where compatible device. multiple users can Wi-Fi connect their devices and then all share each others pictures in real-time.
To enable Share shot on Camera: To take share shot images: 1. From the Home screen, tap (Camera) 1. Press (Camera key) until the shutter sounds. (Shooting Mode) Share shot. 2. From the recipients’ device, navigate to the 2. If you are prompted to activate your Wi-Fi Direct (Gallery) to locate your newly shot images located in connection, tap OK and follow the activation their default storage location.
4. If not already active, in a single motion touch and slide 8. From the Touch to beam screen, tap the reduced image the S Beam slider to the right to turn it on. preview to begin the transfer (2). After a few seconds (depending on file size) the recipient with then see the 5.
Camera Gallery Options To share multiple pictures via S Beam: 1. On the source device (containing the desired image or The Gallery is where you can access the Gallery of stored video), tap (Apps) (Gallery). camera images. 2. Locate the selected folder. 1.
ChatON buddies. when other tags are shown. – Print: allows you to print the current image on a compatible Samsung printer. – Add/Edit weather tag: allows you to edit an existing or assign – Rename: allows you to rename the current file.
– Scan for nearby devices: allows you to look for DLNA - Tap Start Group Play anyway to continue the process compliant devices used to control streaming media. while your users connect. – Details: files details such as Title, Type, Time, Album, Size, 6.
Assigning an Image as a Wallpaper 4. Tap the desired on-screen motion option. 5. Although enabled by default, enable the Palm swipe to 1. From the Home screen, tap (Apps) capture field by placing a check mark in the adjacent (Gallery).
Editing a Photo Note: Use either the Up and Down volume keys or spread/ You can edit your photos using the optional Photo editor pinch the screen to zoom in or out. For more application on your device. For more information, refer to information, refer to “Navigating Through the Screens”...
9. Once the file has been saved, tap the image viewer, Effects: allows you to change the color tone or apply then tap (Play) to playback your video for review. special effects to the video. Options include: No effect, 10. Press to return to the viewer.
Settings (continued): Settings (continued): Recording mode: allows you to set the recording White balance: allows you to set this option to one of mode to: the following choices: Auto, Daylight, Cloudy, Incandescent, or Fluorescent. • Normal: is limited only by available space on the destination location.
Image viewer: allows you to access the Image Storage location/Connection Status: indicates the viewer and the various viewing options for a device is connected to an adapter and the current selected video. Image viewer options are storage location for videos (Phone or Memory card) described in the following section.
3. With the image displayed, press and then tap Advanced Edit Photo Editor. 4. Tap Download and follow the on-screen instructions to begin the download process. 5. If prompted, accept the Samsung Apps agreement. 6. Tap the Get to continue. Multimedia...
Opening the Gallery 7. If prompted, log into Samsung Account by either tapping Create new account or Sign in using your From the Home screen, tap (Apps) existing Samsung account information. Follow the (Gallery). For more information, refer to “Camera on-screen log in screens.
Using the Video Player Using Picture-In-Picture This feature can be used during playback of supported video The Video Player application plays video files stored on the SD types via either the Gallery, Play Videos, or Video player. card. This device is able to playback DivX videos. 1.
Register Your DivX Device for VOD Playback of 4. As playback is initiated, locate and tap Purchased Movies (Picture-in-Picture) from the bottom-right of the playback screen. Your current video is then sent to To play purchased DivX movies on your device, you will first foreground of any new page and most application need to complete a one-time registration using both your screens.
– or – Locate the created file, copy and paste it into the new Samsung Media Hub is your one stop for the hottest movie drive letter corresponding to your device’s storage and TV content. With hundreds of titles available, location.
Note: Media Hub usage is based on service availability. Note: Your Media Hub account is managed by the Samsung account application. This application manages your user profile information. Important! You must be using an active Wi-Fi/4G connection to preview and download a media file.
• • TV Shows: displays TV shows that are available for purchase. You may remove Media Content from a device as many times as Scroll through the top navigation bar and select a TV category. you’d like. You will have the ability to re-download the Media The TV shows of that type will be displayed below.
Play Movies & TV • You must finish watching rented Media Content within 24 consecutive hours of start of playback. This application allows you to connect to the Play Store, • Stopping, pausing or restarting rented Media Content does not download a movie and then watch it instantly.
For more information on using the Picture-in-Picture feature 2. If prompted, follow the on-screen instructions to link for video playback, see “Using Picture-In-Picture” on your current account to Google Play Music. page 165. 3. Tap an on-screen account to add it or select Add Play Music account to use a new account.
Changing Library View Searching for Music in Your Library 1. From the main Play Music page, tap (Search) to You can change the way you view the contents of your library. search through your available songs. 1. From the main Play Music page, and while in a 2.
Changing Music Settings Playing Music 1. From the main Play Music page, press and then From the main Play Music page, tap a song in your make a selection. library to listen to it. • Shuffle all: Play all songs in a random order. –...
Displaying the Now Playing Screen • ALBUMS: Play, Add to queue, Add to playlist, More by artist, or Shop for artist. If you navigate away from the Now playing screen, to return to the Now playing screen from other Music screens: •...
3. Tap Add to playlist to add the song to a playlist. When Shuffle mode is enabled via Show Options, – or – songs play in random order. When enabled, songs play in random order. Also visible when Add to playlist to add the song to is tapped.
Adding Songs to Playlists Tip: You can also copy music directly from your computer to 1. From the main Play Music page, tap an album or song your device. list and play a song. 2. Tap adjacent to the song name and To make your online music available offline on your device: select Add to playlist.
3. Tap the dark pin next to each item you want to make 3. Scroll through the list and tap an entry to begin available offline or tap a blue pin to stop making it playback. available offline. You can switch to other views of your Note: The 5.1 channel sound effect works when earphones or library to make other kinds of items available offline as sound is connected through the headset jack only.
• Via Bluetooth: scans for devices and pairs with a Bluetooth provides access to the Music square. headset. lists the current playlist songs • Share via: allows you to share your music by using Bluetooth, displays the current song in the player window Dropbox, Email, Gmail, Group Play, Messaging, or Wi-Fi Direct.
Using Playlists Music Player Settings The Music Player Settings menu allows you to set Playlists are used to assign music files into groups for preferences for the music player such as whether you want playback. These Playlists can be created using the Music the music to play in the background, sound effects, and how player on this device, or using a third-party application (such the music menu displays.
2. Touch and hold a playlist entry to reveal the on-screen Note: If a playlist is empty, add a song by touching a holding a context menu. song name from the main screen to open the context 3. Tap Edit title. menu.
3. To the right of the entry, tap (Preview) hear a 30 second preview of the current selection. Note: You must sign into your Samsung account prior to using – or – this feature. 4. To the far right of the entry, tap (Options) to 1.
DLNA certified™ (Digital Living Network Alliance) Devices. These external devices must also 1. Confirm you have already logged in to your Samsung be DLNA-compliant. Wi-Fi capability can be provided to TVs account. There should be no icon in the via a digital multimedia streamer.
Wi-Fi, Items to share, source server address, and Play by requiring a user enter the currently active and external device acceptance rights. associated Samsung account password. Tap Locking 1. From the Home screen, tap (Apps) AllShare Play to activate/deactivate the feature.
Setting Up Web Storage 4. Agree to the terms of service and tap Sign up or Go on your on-screen keyboard. SugarSync is a Web storage service that allows you to use storage space to store your files and share them on the Important! After you enter your passwords, do not press “Cloud”.
(ex: Dropbox). The device then confirms the available storage locations and begin the process of 1. Launch AllShare on the target device (such as an uploading the selected images. Internet TV, Samsung Tablet, etc..). 2. From the Home screen, tap (Apps) (AllShare Play).
Confirm (AllShare Controller enabled) appears in Note: You must be signed in to your Samsung Account before the Notification area at the top of the device to indicate you can use this feature. you are using your device as the media source.
Connecting AllShare Cast Hub Note: The status LED begins to blink solid red to indicate To connect your AllShare Cast Hub hardware: it has begun the start up process. AllShare Cast (with This feature functions with an Hub accessory) external AllShareCast Hub to fully LED Color/Patterns Description mirror what is currently displayed on - Solid...
To activate AllShare Cast on your device: 4. For a first time connection: 1. From the Home screen, press and then tap • Press the RESET button (located at the rear of the hub) once Settings More settings AllShare Cast. and only for a second until the LED turns solid BLUE.
T-Mobile TV To disconnect your device from the hub: 1. Access your device’s AllShare Cast screen and locate T-Mobile TV is an application that allows you to get live TV the current connection. and Video on Demand. 2. Tap the entry and select End connection. 1.
4. Tap Start Trial to begin a free 30-day trial of the service. – or – Tap Continue to keep viewing the free content or Purchase Options to buy the paid features. 5. Tap any of the following categories to begin viewing: Live TV, On Demand, My Media, More Info, Browse, or Live Channels.
AllShare Play then a cross reference to that particular section is provided. This application wirelessly synchronizes your Samsung Note: This manual only addresses applications that have been mobile phone with your TV, streams content and even keeps...
Wi-Fi Important! The Samsung account manages the access group. Users must be on the same information (username/password) to several Wi-Fi and provide an access code to applications, such as AllShare Play.
3. Tap Start and follow the on-screen prompts. Note: Place the screen in Landscape mode to reveal additional For more information, refer to “AllShare Play” on page 182. scientific functions. Amazon Calendar This mobile application provides a user with access to the online Amazon website.
Creating a Calendar Event • Task: allows you to search for tasks. 2. Tap (Create event) to create a new Calendar 1. From the Home screen, tap (Apps) event. (Calendar). – or – 2. Tap to access the various calendar tabs. Tap Today to display the current date indicated by a 3.
7. Tap Lock time zone (to lock event time based on your 15. Tap Quick responses to edit your default quick current user-selected time zone). Select a time zone responses for outbound emails. These are default from within the Select time zone field. responses similar to those used by text templates.
ChatON Clock Provides a global mobile communication service where you Here you can set an Alarm, configure and view the World can chat with more than 2 buddies via a group chat, In this clock, use a Stopwatch, set a Timer, or use a Desk Clock. service you can send pictures, videos, animation messages The applications display in a tabular format and quickly (Scribbles), audio, Contacts, Calendar entries, and Location...
6. Tap More to configure additional alarm settings such as 5. Move the Smart alarm slider to the right to activate this volume slider, Alarm tone, Snooze, Smart alarm, and feature which slowly increases screen brightness and assign a name. the volume of nature tones to simulate dawn breaking.
Deleting an Existing Alarm Stopwatch 1. From the Home screen, tap (Apps) This feature allows you to capture elapsed time while letting the (Clock). stopwatch keep running. 1. From the Home screen, tap (Apps) 2. Touch and hold an on-screen alarm event. (Clock) Stopwatch tab.
Downloads 5. Tap Restart to resume the timer counter. Configuring a Desk Clock Provides quick access to tabs containing a list of your current downloaded files (Internet and Other). This feature lets you activate an on-screen clock that can be 1.
Download the Desktop application Accessing Dropbox on your Device 1. Use your computer’s browser to navigate to: 1. From the Home screen, tap (Apps) http://www.dropbox.com/. (Dropbox) Start. 2. Follow the on-screen setup and installation instructions 2. Tap I’m already a Dropbox user, enter your current on your target computer containing the desired files.
Manually uploading a Picture to Dropbox 7. Touch and hold an on-screen item to choose from additional options: 1. From the Home screen, tap (Apps) • Share via applications such as: Copy link, Bluetooth, ChatON, (Camera). Email, Flipboard, Gmail, Google+, Messaging, S Memo, or 2.
Provides a premium one-stop service center that let’s you of everything being shared with you. Access news stories, play, connect and share games on compatible Samsung personal feeds and other related material. Flip through your Android devices. Game Hub comes pre-packaged with some...
Google Group Play Use Google Search to search the Web. This application lets you share documents, photos or music in real-time with other connected friends. From the Home screen, tap (Apps) (Google) and enter the search text. Important! To share a Group Play, all users must be connected –...
Help 5. Your recipients must then: • Launch the Group Play feature on their device. Provides access to built-in Help information. • Tap the active Group Play session (shown at the bottom of the 1. From the Home screen, tap (Apps) application screen).
Kies air 3. Locate and tap one of the listed places (Restaurants, Cafes, Bars, Attractions, [user added searches], Kies air allows you to sync your Windows PC wirelessly with RECOMMENDATIONS, or IN THIS AREA a list of places your phone provided they are both on the same Wi-Fi within this category displays.
4. Tap Location and Google search to allow Google to use Important! For best results, it is recommended that you enable your location data to improve your search results and all of your location services. For more information, other services. refer to “Location Services”...
– • Local: provides access to the places menu where you can My Maps: displays a list of your preferred maps. quickly locate a business or person, find out more information – Bicycling: displays the overlapping cycling trails on your map. about a business, see coupons, public responses, and more –...
Messaging – Labs: this is a testing ground for experimental features that aren’t ready for primetime. They may change, break or This application allows you to use the Short Message Service disappear at any time. Click on a Lab to enable or disable it. (SMS) to send and receive short text messages to and from –...
“Creating a New Google Account” on page 18. Music Hub 2. From the Home screen, tap (Apps) Samsung Music Hub makes your device a personal music (Messenger). manager and lets you access, buy, and download millions of – or –...
My Files Opening and Navigating within Files DCIM is the default location for pictures or video taken by the This application allows you to manage your sounds, images, device. These files are actually stored in the DCIM folder videos, bluetooth files, Android files, and other memory card location.
Navigation Enabling GPS Location 1. From the Home screen, press and then tap Google Maps Navigation (Beta) is an internet-connected Settings Location services. turn-by-turn, GPS navigation system with voice guidance. 2. Tap Use wireless networks allows apps to use data Caution! Traffic data is not real-time and directions may be from sources such as Wi-Fi and mobile networks to wrong, dangerous, prohibited, or involve ferries.
• Speak destination: allows you to use the voice recognition • Satellite: Maps uses the same satellite data as Google Earth. feature to search for matching locations in your area. Satellite images are not real-time. Google Earth acquires the best imagery available, most of which is approximately one to •...
Play Books • Settings: provides access to both Power settings (Screen dimming) and Information (Terms, privacy & notices). Formerly known as Google Books, this application allows you • Exit navigation: terminates the application. to read over 3 million ebooks on the go. •...
Play Magazines Play Movies & TV With Google Play Magazines, you can subscribe to your This application allows you to connect to the Play Store, favorite magazines and have them available to read on your download a movie and then watch it instantly. device at any time or any place.
Play Music 3. Tap Existing and enter your Google account information. Also known as Google Music, allows you to browse, shop, 4. Tap Accept to agree to the Play Store terms of service. and playback songs purchased from the Play Store. The Downloading a New Google music you choose is automatically stored in your Google Application...
7. On the main Play Store screen, press and then Important! If the selected application requires access to data tap My Apps, tap an installed application in the list, and or control of a function on your device, the Play then tap Open.
Launching an Installed Google Manage applications Application This feature allows you to manage and remove installed applications. You can also view the amount of memory or 1. From the Home screen, tap (Apps). resources used as well as the remaining memory and 2.
S Memo Toolbar Add Title The S Memo application allows you to create memos using Secondary the keypad, your finger, or both. You can add images, voice Toolbar recordings, and text all in one place. Writing Show/Hide Creating a New Memo Secondary Modes Toolbar...
• Share via: allows you to share your memo using Group Play, Displays the keypad to you can add text. ChatON, Dropbox, Flipboard, Picasa, Paper Artist, Google+, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi Direct, Messaging, Gmail, or Email. Eraser tool allows you to erase marks and drawings. •...
For more information, refer to “Using S Voice” on page 69. Note: Access to this feature requires that you already be logged in to your Samsung account application. For more information, refer to “Creating a Samsung Account” on page 20.
From the Home screen, tap (Apps) (Settings). Note: Access to this feature requires that you already be – or – logged in to your Samsung account application. For more information, refer to “Creating a Samsung Press and then tap Settings. Account” on page 20.
T-Mobile My Account • Notifications provides about both your current plan, other available plans and other related services. This application provides you online access to account • MobileLife Family Organizer provides links to other T-Mobile information such as your current activity, billing information, service plans, downloads, and other information.
Talk Visual Voicemail You can instant message with Google Talk. Google Talk Visual Voicemail enables users to view a list of people who allows you to communicate with other people who are also left a voicemail message, and listen to the any message they connected with Google Talk on the phone or on the web.
– 6. Tap (List) to display a list of current receordings. Default name: allows you to choose the name prefix for your recordings. For example, if your Default name is Voice, your 7. From the Recorded files page, press and then recordings would be named Voice 001, Voice 002, Voice 003, select one of the following: etc.
VPN Client To configure YouTube Settings: Press and then tap Settings and configure the This is a full-featured VPN Client that provides support for the latest IPSec VPN standards and provides interoperability with following parameters: support for all major VPN Gateways. •...
• Search • About – – Clear search history allows you to clear previous YouTube Help provides answers to most YouTube questions. searches from showing up in the YouTube search box. – Feedback allows you to provide user feedback to YouTube. –...
Zynga Games This application launches the Zynga portal from where you can connect via Facebook and play with your friends. 1. From the Home screen, tap (Apps) (Zynga Games). 2. Tap the Connect with Facebook and follow the on-screen instructions to log into your Facebook account and find your friends.
Section 9: Connections Navigating with the Browser Your phone is equipped with features that allow you to quickly connect to the web. 1. Tap an entry to select an item. Internet 2. Sweep the screen with your finger in an up or down Your device is equipped with a Google browser to navigate motion to scroll through a website.
• Brightness: allows you to assign a brightness level specifically for the browser window. This is independent of the brightness assigned within the device’s Settings menu. • Downloads: displays the download history. • Print: provides print access on compatible Samsung printers. Connections...
Using Reader Mode Adding and Deleting Windows When activated, this feature restructures the current Web You can have up to eight Internet windows open at one time. page to provide a more reader-friendly experience. The text To add a new window: size can be adjusted for easier reading.
Going Incognito 3. Tap next to the incognito listing to delete this window. The incognito feature allows you to view Internet sites Using Bookmarks outside of the normal browsing. Pages viewed in this incognito window won’t appear within your browser history While navigating a website, you can bookmark a site to or search history, and no traces (such as cookies) are left on quickly and easily access it at a future time.
Adding Bookmarks 3. Tap a bookmark to view the webpage, or touch and hold a bookmark for the following options: 1. From the webpage, tap Add bookmark • Open: Opens the webpage of the selected bookmark. 2. Use the on-screen keypad to enter the name of the •...
Deleting Bookmarks Using Web History 1. From the Bookmarks page, touch and hold the The History list displays a list of the most recently viewed bookmark you want to delete. websites. These entries can be used to return to previously unmarked web pages.
Browser Settings • Accept cookies: Allows sites, that require cookies, to save and read cookies from your device. To configure browser settings: • Clear all cookie data: Deletes all current browser cookie files. 1. From the Home screen, tap (Apps) (Internet).
Accessibility: • Open in background: New pages are launched in a separate page and displayed behind the current one. Remove the check • Force zoom: Allows you to override a website’s zoom setting mark to disable this function. and forces a zoom view. •...
Bluetooth • Block pop-ups: Prevents popup advertisement or windows About Bluetooth from appearing on-screen. Remove the check mark to disable this function. Bluetooth is a short-range communications technology that • Text encoding: Adjusts the current text encoding. allows you to connect wirelessly to a number of Bluetooth •...
Bluetooth Status Indicators 3. Press and tap the Rename device, Visible time-out, and Received files fields to set the options. The following icons show your Bluetooth connection status at a glance: To change your Bluetooth name: Displays when Bluetooth is active. 1.
Pairing Bluetooth Devices To scan for Bluetooth devices: 1. Verify Bluetooth is active. The Bluetooth pairing process allows you to establish trusted 2. From the bottom of the Bluetooth settings page, tap connections between your device and another Bluetooth device. When you pair devices, they share a passkey, Scan to search for visible external Bluetooth- allowing for fast, secure connections while bypassing the compatible devices such as headsets, devices,...
Configuring Bluetooth Device Settings 6. The external device must accept the connection and enter your device’s PIN code. Some connected Bluetooth devices are capable of more than Once successfully paired to an external device, just functioning as a headphone, but also have built in microphones for picking up voice.
Disconnecting a Paired Bluetooth Device Sending Contacts via Bluetooth Disconnecting a paired device breaks the connection Depending on your paired devices’ settings and capabilities, between the device and your phone, but retains the you may be able to send pictures, Contact information, or knowledge of the pairing.
Warning! Not all web applications are safe to download. In Note: To sync your device to your computer it is highly order to protect your phone and data, use the Play recommended that you install Samsung Kies which is Store to install web applications. For more available at http://www.samsung.com/kies...
Before using Kies air to upgrade your device, it is Windows XP Service Pack 3 or higher installed on your recommended that you backup your personal data prior to computer. Also, ensure that you have Samsung Kies 2.0 use. or Windows Media Player 10 or higher installed on your To export a Contact list to your microSD card: computer.
Enabling USB Debugging 2. From the Home screen, tap (Apps) (Kies air). USB debugging must be enabled before being able to use the Development feature. 3. From the Kies air homescreen, tap Start. 1. From the Home screen, press and then tap 4.
Wi-Fi 10. From your PC, a security warning may be displayed About Wi-Fi asking if you want to run this application. Click Run to continue. Wi-Fi (short for "wireless fidelity") is a term used for certain 11. On your PC, the Kies air screen is displayed. On your types of Wireless Local Area Networks (WLAN).
Activating Wi-Fi Note: When you select an open network you are automatically By default, your device’s Wi-Fi feature is turned off connected. (deactivated). Activating Wi-Fi allows your device to discover and connect to compatible in-range WAPs (Wireless Access 3. Enter a wireless password (if necessary). Points).
Manually Add a New Network Connection Deactivating Wi-Fi 1. From the Wi-Fi network screen, tap Add Wi-Fi network. 1. From the Home screen, press and then tap Settings. 2. Enter the Network SSID (the name of your Wireless Access Point). 2.
USB tethering feature. To access the Wi-Fi Advanced Settings menu: If additional software or USB drivers are required, 1. From the Home screen, press and then tap navigate to: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/ Settings Wi-Fi downloads. 2. Press and then tap Advanced.
To connect using USB Tethering: To disconnect tethering: 1. From the Home screen, tap (Apps) 1. From the Home screen, tap (Apps) (Mobile HotSpot). (Mobile HotSpot). – or – 2. Tap USB tethering from the Tethering menu to remove the check mark and deactivate the feature. From the Home screen, press and then tap Settings...
To activate the Mobile HotSpot service: Note: By default, the connection is not secured. 1. From the Home screen, tap (Apps) (Mobile HotSpot). – or – Note: Using your Mobile HotSpot drains your device’s battery much faster. The best way to keep using the device as a From the Home screen, press and then tap HotSpot is by connecting to a Charger.
To change the Portable HotSpot password: 1. From the Home screen, tap (Apps) (Mobile HotSpot). 2. Tap Mobile HotSpot Configure. 3. Tap the Security field and select WPA2 PSK. 4. With security enabled, delete the previous password and enter a new one into the Password field. Important! The more complex the password, the harder it will be for intruders to break your security.
Section 10: Changing Your Settings Activating Wi-Fi This section explains the sound and phone settings for your device. It includes such settings as: display, security, 1. From the Home screen, press and then tap memory, and any extra settings associated with your device. Settings.
Network Notification 3. Select an available option: • Always: maintains your current active Wi-Fi connection even By default, when Wi-Fi is on, you receive notifications in the during sleep. Status bar anytime your phone detects an available Wi-Fi network. You can deactivate this feature if you do not want to •...
Finding your WI-Fi Address Information Manually Adding a Wi-Fi Network 1. From the main Settings page, tap Wi-Fi. 1. From the main Settings page, tap Wi-Fi Add Wi-Fi network. 2. Press and then tap Advanced. 2. Enter the Network SSID (the name of your Wireless 3.
WPS Push Button WPS PIN Entry The WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) feature (sometimes If a WPS Push Buttton does not work, there is an alternative associated with a physical or on-screen button on most WPS connection method where you would use a device WAPs) allows you to pair your device and WAP without the generated PIN number to establish the connection.
Wi-Fi Direct Setup and Settings To activate your connection: 1. From the main Settings page, touch and slide the Wi-Fi You can configure your device to connect directly with other slider to the right to turn it on. The slider color indicates Wi-Fi capable devices.
Bluetooth settings 3. Press and tap the Rename name. The assigned device name displays. In this menu you can activate Bluetooth, view or assign a 4. Tap to erase the current device name and enter device name, activate your phone so other Bluetooth devices can discover it, or scan for other, available Bluetooth devices a new name for this device using the keyboard.
Data Usage Scanning for Devices This option allows you to scan for active Bluetooth devices so Monitor and mange your device’s data usage capabilities. you can pair with them. Features include activation/deactivation or network data 1. From the main Settings page, tap Bluetooth. usage, set mobile data usage for a set period of time, and 2.
More Settings 6. Tap the Data usage cycle button and select either the current cycle or define your own by selecting Change This tab displays additional wireless and network cycle. information. 7. Press and then select from the available on- From the main Settings page, tap More settings.
Mobile networks Data Roaming Data roaming allows you to connect to your service Before you use applications such as Google Maps and find provider’s partner networks and access data services when your location or search for places of interest, you must you are out of your service providers area of coverage.
Network mode Using the 2G (EDGE) Network If you are not using applications that require the 3G network You can configure your phone to either manually detect and speed (any application that accesses the network or uses a use either a 2G (GSM) or 3G (WCDMA) data network browser), using the 2G network saves battery life.
Network Operators Default Setup Options Using this feature you can view the current network Your phone default is set to Automatic (to automatically connection. You can also scan and select a network operator search for an available network. You can set this option to manually, or set the network selection to Automatic.
USB tethering feature. Adding a VPN If additional software or USB drivers are required, navigate to: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/ Before you add a VPN you must determine which VPN downloads. protocol to use: PPTP, L2TP/IPSec PSK, L2TP/IPSec RSA, IPSec Xauth PSK, IPSec Xauth RSA, IPSec Hybrid RSA.
Delete a VPN 4. In the form that appears, fill in the information provided by your network administrator. 1. From the main Settings page, tap More settings VPN. 5. Tap Save. 2. Touch and hold the VPN that you want to delete. 3.
Wi-Fi Calling Settings Near Field Communication This feature is used to read and exchange tags. When used Important! A new ISIM card must be installed within the in conjunction with Android Beam, your device can be used device prior to using this feature. Wi-Fi must first to beam application content when NFC-capable devices are be active and communicating prior to launching touched.
S Beam Nearby devices This feature (when activated via NFC) allows you to beam This option allows you to share your media files with nearby large files directly to another compatible device that is in devices using DLNA and connected to the same Wi-Fi. direct contact.
10. Tap Download to, then select the destination of any Note: This feature allows a connection between your device downloaded (shared) content. Choose from Device and the optional AllShare Cast Hub, via a shared Wi-Fi (phone) or SD card. Direct connection. The AllShare Cast Hub then allows 11.
Call Settings • Call alert: allows you to assign call alert tones and activate call alerts and vibration. To access the Call settings menu: – Call vibrations: vibrates the phone when the called party 1. From the Home screen, tap (Phone).
– Automatic answering configures the device to automatically • Additional settings: allows you to configure additional call answer and incoming call when a headset is detected. settings. For more information, refer to “Configuring Additional Voice Call Settings” on page 272. –...
Ringtones and keypad tones 3. Tap Auto reject mode and tap one of the following options: 1. From the main Call settings page, tap Call settings • All numbers: to reject all calls. Ringtones and keypad tones. • Auto reject numbers: to reject all calls in your Reject list. 2.
Call answering/ending Accessory settings for call 1. From the main Call settings page, tap Accessory 1. From the main Call settings page, tap Call settings settings for call. Call answering/ending. 2. The following options are available: 2. Select any of the following options: •...
Use extra vol. for calls 2. Tap an available option: • Always forward: incoming calls are re-routed to a secondary This option allows you to see an extra volume button on the number that you specify. screen during calls. • Forward when busy: forwards all your calls to voicemail when From the main Call settings page, tap Use extra vol.
TTY Mode HAC Mode A TTY (also known as a TDD or Text Telephone) is a This menu is used to activate or deactivate Hearing Aid telecommunications device that allows people who are deaf, Compatibility for this device. hard of hearing, or who have speech or language disabilities, From the main Call settings page, tap the Hearing aids to communicate by telephone.
Fixed Dialing Numbers • Noise reduction: suppresses background noise on your side of the conversation during an active call. Fixed Dial Number (FDN), allows you to restrict outgoing calls • Fixed Dialing Numbers: manages fixed dialing numbers. See to a limited set of phone numbers. Enabling FDN description below.
Changing the PIN2 Code 3. At the prompt, enter your PIN2 code and tap OK. FDN is enabled. 1. From the main Call settings page, tap Additional 4. Tap FDN list then press and then tap Add contact settings Fixed Dialing Numbers. or edit the contacts that were stored.
Home Screen Mode Blocking Mode This application allows you to set your display to the When Blocking mode is enabled, notifications for selected conventional layout of Basic mode or provide an easier user features will be disabled. You will only receive notifications of experience for the first-time smartphone users using Easy incoming calls from people on your allowed list.
Sound Settings Adjusting the Volume Settings The Volume menu now provides access to various volume From this menu you can control the sounds on the phone as settings within one on-screen popup menu. well as configure the display settings. 1. From the main Settings page, tap Sound Volume.
Setup the Voice Call Ringtone Setting a Default Notification Ringtone This option allows you to set the ringtone. This option allows you to set the ringtone that will sound for notifications and alarms. 1. From the main Settings page, tap Sound. 1.
Display Settings 3. Tap Touch sounds to activate a tone when you touch the screen. A check mark displayed next to this feature In this menu, you can change various settings for the display indicates active status. such as the font, orientation, pop-up notifications, puzzle 4.
• Brightness: adjusts the on-screen brightness level. For more • Touch key light duration: to adjust the light duration of the information, refer to “Adjusting Screen Brightness” on touch keys. page 279. • Display battery percentage: to activate/deactivate the display •...
Assigning a Wallpaper • Voice recording: LED lights up when you are recording voice. The LED only lights up when the screen is off. The Wallpaper settings option allows you to set the Wallpaper SD Card & Device Storage for your Home screen, Lock screen, or both. 1.
Unmounting the SD card Important! DO NOT remove a microSD card while the device is Unmounting the SD card prevents corruption and damage to accessing or transferring files. Doing so will result the SD card while removing it from the slot. in loss or damage of data.
Power Saving Mode 5. When the power gets low, confirm appears at the top of the screen. This indicates the power saving This feature allows you both automatically set the phone to mode is active. use a power saving mode and configure additional power Battery Usage saving options manually, all in an effort to conserve battery power.
Application Manager Clearing Application Cache and Data This device can be used for Android development. You can Important! You must have downloaded applications installed write applications in the SDK and install them on this device, to use this feature. then run the applications using the hardware, system, and network.
Running Services Storage Used The Running services option allows you to view and control This option allows you to view a list (on the current tab) of currently running services such as Backup, Google Talk, SNS current applications as sorted by size. (messaging), Swype, and more.
Lock Screen Using Wireless Networks Before you use applications such as Google Maps and find This menu contains features that allows you to configure the your location or search for places of interest, you must device’s security parameters. Screen Unlock Pattern Overview enable the Use wireless networks option.
Using a Motion to Unlock Using Face Unlock This feature allows you to lock or unlock your device by This feature used facial recognition to unlock your phone. simply tilting it and moving it either forwards or backwards. This feature is less secure than PIN, Pattern, and Password locks and can be bypassed by someone else who looks 1.
Setting an Unlock Pattern 5. Draw your pattern by touching your first on-screen point. Then, without removing your finger from the Creating a screen unlock pattern increases security on the screen, drag your finger over adjacent points until the phone. When you enable the User visible pattern field, you will draw an unlock pattern on the screen whenever you gray trace line overlaps each point and they are want to unlock the phone’s buttons or touch screen.
Changing the Screen Lock Pattern What If I Forget my Pattern? This feature allows you to change the previously stored If you forget your device's lock pattern, you can unlock your unlock pattern and update it if necessary. This process is device or reset it using your Google™...
PIN Lock and Unlock 4. If you have forgotten your current pattern, tap Pattern from the Screen unlock settings menu and follow the 1. From the main Settings page, tap Lock screen. procedures outlined in "Setting an Unlock Pattern" 2. Tap Screen lock PIN.
Samsung Unlock Options • Camera quick access provides you with quick access to the camera function from the Lock screen. When active, in a single Activate or deactivates various Unlock screen functions. motion. 1. From the main Settings page, tap Lock screen Lock •...
Using a Visible Pattern To open a shortcut from the lock screen: In a single motion, swipe your finger over the When the Make pattern visible option is enabled, the device displays the on-screen lock grid that is used for unlocking. on-screen icon and towards the top of your device.
Vibrate on Screen Tap Security When enabled, you will feel vibration as feedback while The Security settings allow you to determine the security drawing the pattern, using a PIN or password lock. level for your device. Encrypt Device Note: This option only appears when a screen lock option is When enabled, this feature requires a numeric PIN or active.
Setting up SIM Card Lock Password Settings Prevent another user from using your SIM card to make When you create a phone password you can also configure unauthorized calls or from accessing information stored on the phone to display the password as you type it instead of your SIM card by protecting the information using a PIN code.
Unknown Sources 3. Tap Install from device storage to install encrypted certificates from the USB Storage location. Before you can download a web application you must enable the Unknown sources feature (enables downloading). 4. Tap Clear credentials to clear the device (SD card or Developers can use this option to install non-Play Store phone memory) of all certificate contents and reset the applications.
Choose Input Method • Sound on keypress: turns on sounds generated by the Swype application. 1. From the main Settings page, tap Language and input Default. • Show helpful tips: turns on a flashing indicator for quick help. 2. Select an input method. •...
5. Tap Language Options to activate and select the current 7. Tap Personalization to access and manage your text input language. Default language is US English. personal dictionary. Log into the available accounts to add help personalize your personal dictionary with 6.
Recognition type, Recognition time, Pen thickness, 1. From the main Settings page, tap Language and input Pen color, Gesture guide, Tutorial, and About. (adjacent to the Samsung keyboard field). – or – • Advanced provides access to additional settings such as: –...
1. From the main Settings page, tap Language and input • Learn from Facebook allows you to log into your current (adjacent to the Samsung keyboard field). Facebook account and add used text to your personal – or –...
Configure Google Voice Typing Configuring Voice Input Recognition 1. From the main Settings page, tap Language and input. This feature allows the device to correctly recognize verbal – or – input. 1. From the main Settings page, tap Language and input. From a screen where you can enter text, in a single 2.
Configuring Text-to-speech • Driving mode: incoming calls and new notifications are automatically read out loud. In a single motion touch and slide This feature allows the device to provide a verbal readout of to the right to turn it on. on-screen data such as messages and incoming caller information.
Back up and Reset 6. Tap Collect diagnostics to collects diagnostic data for troubleshooting use. For more information, refer to Location settings, backup configurations, or reset the phone “Collect Diagnostics” on page 302. to erase all personal data. Prior to doing a Factory Reset From the main Settings page, tap Back up and reset.
Factory Data Reset Note: This software collects only diagnostic data from your From this menu you can reset your device and sound settings device so that T-Mobile technicians can better to the factory default settings. troubleshoot issues with your device. 1.
Add Account Removing an Account This menu allows you to set up, manage, and synchronize Important! Removing an account also deletes all of its accounts, including your Google and email accounts. messages, contacts, and other data from the Adding an Account device.
4. Tap Sync now to synchronize your account or tap Sync • Smart alert: Once enabled, pickup the device to be alerted and all to synchronize all your accounts. Tap Cancel sync to notified of you have missed any calls or messages. stop the synchronization.
• Turn over to mute/pause: Once enabled, mute incoming calls To adjust gesture sensitivity: and any playing sounds by turning the device over display down 1. From the main Settings page, tap Motion Sensitivity on a surface. This is the opposite of the pickup to be notified settings.
Accessory Date and Time This menu allows you to assign external speakers when the This menu allows you to change the current time and date device is docked. displayed. 1. From the main Settings page, tap Accessory. 1. From the main Settings page, tap Date and time. 2.
Accessibility Settings Note: The Lock automatically function is only available if your This service lets you enable and disable downloaded device is already using the screen lock feature. accessibility applications that aid in navigating your Android device, such as TalkBack (uses synthesized speech to 5.
9. Tap the Font Size field to change the size of the fonts 16. Tap the Tap and hold delay field to select a time interval used on the device within menus, options, etc.. for this action. Choose from: Short, Medium, or Long. Developer Options Choose from: Tiny, Small, Normal, Large, or Huge.
• Select app to be debugged: Allows developers to select a • Strict mode: Makes the screen flash when applications specific app to debug. perform long operations on the main thread. • Wait for debugger: Specified apps must have debugger •...
Allowing Mock Locations 5. Tap Set backup password to save the password change. Note: This feature is used for development purposes only. Application Options 1. From the main Settings page, tap Developer options. If you are a developer who is testing a GPS applications using 2.
About Device • Legal information: This option displays information about Open source licenses, License settings, as well as Google legal This menu contains legal information, system tutorial information. This information clearly provides copyright and information, and other phone information such as the model distribution legal information and facts as well as Google Terms number, firmware version, baseband version, kernel version, and software build number.
To update your device: Note: Firmware, baseband, kernel and build numbers are 1. From the main Settings page, tap About device usually used for updates to the handset or support. For Software update. additional information please contact your T-Mobile 2. Read the Software update information screen. service representative.
Section 11: Health and Safety Information Do cell phones pose a health hazard? This device is capable of operating in Wi-Fi mode in the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands. The FCC requires that devices operating Many people are concerned that cell phone radiation will within 5.15-5.25 GHz may only be used indoors, not outside, cause cancer or other serious health hazards.
Research Results to Date: Is there a connection The biological effects of radio frequency energy should not between RF and certain health problems? be confused with the effects from other types of electromagnetic energy. The results of most studies conducted to date say no. In Very high levels of electromagnetic energy, such as is found addition, attempts to replicate and confirm the few studies in X-rays and gamma rays, can ionize biological tissues.
Risk of Brain Cancer from Exposure to Radio slight increase in brain cancer. However, the authors Frequency Fields in Childhood and Adolescence determined that biases and errors prevented any conclusions (MOBI-KIDS) being drawn from this data. Additional information about Interphone can be found at MOBI-KIDS is an international study investigating the http://www.iarc.fr/en/media-centre/pr/2010/pdfs/pr200_E.pdf.
Reducing Exposure: Hands-Free Kits and Other Cell Phone Industry Actions Accessories Although the existing scientific data do not justify FDA Steps to Reduce Exposure to Radio Frequency Energy regulatory actions, the FDA has urged the cell phone industry to take a number of steps, including the following: If there is a risk from being exposed to radio frequency •...
Children and Cell Phones Because there are no known risks from exposure to RF emissions from cell phones, there is no reason to believe that The scientific evidence does not show a danger to any users hands-free kits reduce risks. Hands-free kits can be used for of cell phones from RF exposure, including children and convenience and comfort.
Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) • Environmental Protection Agency (EPA): Certification Information http://www.epa.gov/radtown/wireless-tech.html. • Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA): Your wireless phone is a radio transmitter and receiver. It is http://www.osha.gov/SLTC/radiofrequencyradiation/. designed and manufactured not to exceed the exposure (Note: This web address is case sensitive.) limits for Radio Frequency (RF) energy set by the Federal •...
The SAR information for this device can also be found on This is because the phone is designed to operate at multiple Samsung’s website: http://www.samsung.com/sar. power levels so as to use only the power required to reach SAR information on this and other model phones can be the network.