• Password: If you choose a security level that uses a
password, enter the password. By default, the
password is your mobile phone number.
• Show password: Makes the Password field visible.
• Show advanced options: Access advanced options,
including Broadcast channel, to specify the channel
your device uses for Mobile Hotspot.
Connect a Device with Mobile Hotspot
Use the target device's Wi-Fi control to connect to your
device's Mobile Hotspot.
1. Activate Mobile Hotspot on your device.
2. Activate Wi-Fi on the target device, using the target
device's Wi-Fi control.
3. Scan for Wi-Fi hotspots, and select your device from
4. At the prompt, enter your device's Mobile Hotspot
password. By default, the password is your device's
Caution! By default, your device's mobile hotspot has no
security applied, and any device can connect. For
more information about configuring your mobile
hotspot, see "Configure Mobile Hotspot Settings" on
Allowed Device List
Control whether devices connect to your Mobile Hotspot with
the Allowed device list. After you add devices to the list, they
can scan for your device and connect using your device's
mobile hotspot name and password.
1. From a Home screen, touch
2. Touch More networks
3. Touch ON/OFF to turn Mobile Hotspot on.
4. Touch Allowed devices, and then touch
the target device's name and MAC address.
5. Touch OK to add the device to the Allowed devices list.
Tethering and Wi-Fi