Note: You must first copy any contacts that exist on your SIM
card to your device. For more information, refer to
"Copy Contacts to the Device" on page 59.
Add a New Contact
Use the following procedure to add a new contact to your
Save a Number from the Home Screen
1. From the Home screen, touch
2. At the top of the new contact screen, touch Device,
SIM, or Account name.
3. Touch the image icon and assign a picture to the new
entry by choosing one of three options:
• Image: Retrieve a previously stored image from your
Gallery or from your My files folder and assign it to this
entry. Touch an image to assign the image to the
contact, then touch Done.
• Pictures by people: Retrieve a previously shared
image from your Gallery.
• Take picture: Use the camera to take a new picture
and assign it to this entry, then touch Done.
• Remove: Although not an option with a new entry,
deletes any previously assigned image on an existing
4. Touch the Name field and use the onscreen keypad to
enter the full name.
– or –
next to the Name field to display additional
5. Touch the Phone number field.
The Mobile button
Phone number field. If you want to add a phone
number that is not a mobile number, touch the Mobile
button and select from Mobile, Home, Work, Work fax,
Home Fax, Pager, Other, Custom (add your own label),
6. Enter the phone number. Touch
Phone number field or touch
Contacts and Your Address Book
initially displays next to the
to add another
to delete a field.