v 32-MB SDRAM frame buffer.
v x1 PCIe bus interface.
v Two DVI-I analog or digital connectors.
v One monitor connected, analog, up to 2048 x 1536 resolution.
v One monitor connected, digital, up to 1280 x 1024 resolution.
v A second monitor supported on secondary connector at up to 1600 x 1200 analog or 1280 x 1024
digital. A second monitor supported on secondary connector at up to 1600 x 1200 analog or 1280 x 1024
– For systems or logical partitions running Linux, a second monitor is supported on the secondary
connector at resolutions up to 1600 x 1200 analog or 1280 x 1024 digital.
– For systems or logical partitions running AIX, when running with two monitors, both monitors must
have an analog connection with the same resolution, up to 1600 x 1200. The image on the primary
monitor is also displayed on the secondary monitor.
v Display power management: Video Electronics Standards Association (VESA), Display Power
Management Signaling (DPMS)
For more information about slot priorities, maximums, and placement rules, see PCIe adapter placement
rules and slot priorities (http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/POWER9/p9eab/
p9eab_mtm_pciplacement.htm) and select the system that you are working on.
Preparing for installation
If you are installing the operating system at this time, install the adapter before you install the operating
system. See "Installing the adapter" on page 34 for instructions. If you are installing only the device
driver for this adapter, install the device driver software before you install the adapter. See "Installing the
device driver software" for instructions.
Gathering tools and documentation
To install the adapter, make sure that you have access to the following items:
v The adapter
v The operating system documentation
v The system service guide for removing and replacing features
v The PCI adapter placement documentation
v A flat-blade screwdriver
v The media containing the device driver software
Installing the device driver software
Find information about installing device driver software.
To install device driver software, complete the following steps:
1. Log in to the system unit as root user.
2. Insert the media that contains the device driver software (for example, the CD) into the media
If your system does not have a CD drive, refer to your system documentation for completing a
Network Installation Management (NIM) installation.
3. Type the following System Management Interface Tool (SMIT) fast path command: smit devinst
4. Press Enter. The Install Additional Device Software window highlights the INPUT device / directory
for software option.
Managing PCIe adapters