Chapter 2 Printing
Registering Paper Type
Allows the user to adjust ink jetting amounts and register them along with the paper type of new paper.
• Up to 100 custom paper types can be registered.
• Pre-registered paper types cannot be changed. (Matte Coated Paper, Glossy paper and Plastic Card)
• Administrative privileges over this printer are required to configure printer settings.
If a user without administrative privileges proceeds with configuration of settings, a message "You do not have
rights to printer management. Please contact your system administrator." appears.
For more details, see
"Administrative privileges required for certain features (P.40)".
• When increasing ink jetting amount for printing
Because this mode uses more ink than in usual printing, it may bleed through the paper, stain the edges or
back of the paper, or the transport area.
Do not touch the printed surface until the ink dries.
If the print is dirty, clean the transport area.
Display the properties window of the printer.
Display the [Add Custom Paper Type] dialog box.
1. Click the [Utility] tab.
2. Click [ Add Custom Paper Type].