• If a paper feed error occurs, reduce the number of sheets loaded in the tray.
• If the paper is not touching the back of the feeder lift tray, the paper may not be fed properly.
• Fix the side guides in place so that they gently touch the edges of the paper. If they are set too tightly against
the paper, the paper may not be fed properly.
• When changing the paper size, adjust the width of the side guides according to the width of the paper. If they
are not set properly, the paper may not be fed properly.
• When loading paper, close the auxiliary tray. When loading longer paper (paper length of 157 mm (6.18 inch) or
longer) there is no need to close the auxiliary tray.
• When printing on longer paper (paper length of 157 mm (6.18 inch) or longer), remove the printed paper
frequently. Continuing to print without removing the printed paper can cause paper jams or printing failure.
Raise the feeder lift tray.
• Do not touch the feeder tray lift when it is moving. Doing so can cause injury or malfunction.
• Do not adjust the side guides after the tray has been raised. Doing so can cause paper jams.
1. Press the TRAY key.
Wait for the feeder lift tray to stop.
If the power lamp is blinking, press the Power
key to turn the printer on.
Loading the Paper