Set the parameter reading/writing restriction level to enable the password protection. (Set a value other than "9999"
Allowable number of failed
1 to 6
Limited to 5 times
101 to 106
If an invalid password is input 5 times while any of "101 to 106" is set in Pr.296, the password is locked up afterward (the locked parameters
cannot be unlocked even with the valid password). All parameter clear is required to reset the password. (In this case, the parameters are returned
to their initial values.)
Write a four-digit number (1000 to 9998) to Pr.297 as a password (writing is disabled when
password is set, parameters are locked and access (reading/writing) to the parameters is limited at the level set in
until the valid password is input to unlock the locked parameters.
• After a password is set, the Pr.297 readout is always any of "0 to 5".
" appears when a password-protected parameter is attempted to be read/written.
• Even if a password is set, the parameters which are written by the inverter, such as parameters related to the life check of
inverter parts, are overwritten as needed.
• Even if a password is set, Pr.991 PU contrast adjustment can be read/written when the parameter unit (FR-PU07) is
Unlocking the locked parameters (Pr.296, Pr.297)
• There are two ways to unlock the locked parameters.
• Enter the password in
password is input, an error indication appears and the parameters cannot be unlocked. If an invalid password is input 5
times while any of "101 to 106" is set in
password (the password is locked up).
• Perform All parameter clear.
• If the password is forgotten, it can be reset by performing All parameter clear, but the other parameters are also reset.
• All parameter clear cannot be performed during the inverter operation.
• When using FR Configurator2 in the PU operation mode, do not set "4, 5, 104, or 105" (parameter read is disabled) in Pr.296.
The inverter operation using FR Configurator2 may not correctly performed.
• The means to reset the password varies according to how the reset command is sent (from the PU or through RS-485
All parameter clear
○: Password reset enabled, ×: Password reset disabled
• For the information how to perform Parameter clear or All parameter clear with the parameter unit, refer to the Instruction
Manual of the parameter unit. (For the operation panel, refer to
inverter protocol, refer to
Number of failed password
attempts (0 to 5)
. When a valid password is input, the locked parameters can be unlocked. When an invalid
, the locked parameters cannot be unlocked afterward even with the valid
203. For RS-485 communication using the Mitsubishi
5.3 (E) Environment setting parameters
= "9999"). After a