This chapter explains the "PROTECTIVE FUNCTIONS" that operate in this product.
Always read the instructions before use.
Inverter fault and indication
• When the inverter detects a fault, depending on the nature of the fault, the PU displays an error message or warning, or a
protective function is activated to shut off the inverter output.
• When any fault occurs, take an appropriate corrective action, then reset the inverter, and resume the operation. Restarting
the operation without a reset may break or damage the inverter.
• When a protective function is activated, note the following points.
Operation restart method
• Inverter fault or alarm indications are categorized as follows:
• The past eight faults can be displayed on the PU (fault history). (For the operation, refer to
6. PROTECTIVE FUNCTIONS
6.1 Inverter fault and indication
Opening the magnetic contactor (MC) provided on the input side of the inverter at a fault occurrence shuts off
the control power to the inverter, therefore, the fault output will not be retained.
When a protective function is activated, the PU displays a fault indication.
While a protective function is activated, the inverter output is kept shutoff. Reset the inverter to restart the
A message regarding operational fault and setting fault by PU is displayed. The inverter output is not shut off.
The inverter output is not shut off even when a warning is displayed. However, failure to take appropriate
measures will lead to a fault.
The inverter output is not shut off. The Alarm (LF) signal can also be output with a parameter setting.
A protective function is activated, the inverter output is shut off, and the Fault (ALM) signal is output.