5.10.3 Automatic restart after instantaneous power failure
The inverter can be restarted without stopping the motor operation in the following situations:
• When an instantaneous power failure occurs during inverter running
• When the motor is coasting at start
Restart coasting time
Restart cushion time
Stall prevention operation
level for restart
Acceleration time at a
The coasting time when Pr.57 = "0" is as shown below.
FR-CS84-036 or lower, FR-CS82S-070 or lower: 1 s
FR-CS84-050 to FR-CS84-160, FR-CS82S-100: 2 s
FR-CS84-230 or higher: 3 s
• To operate the inverter with the automatic restart after instantaneous power failure function enabled, check the following.
• Set "0" in Pr.57 Restart coasting time.
Automatic restart after instantaneous power failure function
15 to 100 ms
• When the automatic restart after instantaneous power failure function is selected, the motor driving is resumed at power
restoration after an instantaneous power failure or undervoltage. (E.UVT is not activated.)
Automatic restart operation of the MRS (X10) signal
• The restart operation after restoration from output shutoff by the MRS (X10) signal is as shown in the following table
according to the
Other than the above
Adjustment of restart coasting time (Pr.57)
• Coasting time is a time period before starting the restart operation.
• To enable restart operation, set "0" in
to the following value (unit: s). Generally, this setting does not interfere with inverter operation.
Three-phase 400 V class FR-CS84--60
• Inverter operation is sometimes hindered by the size of the moment of inertia (J) of the load or running frequency. Adjust
this coasting time within the range 0.1 s to 30 s to match the load specification.
Restart cushion time (Pr.58)
• The cushion time is the time taken to raise the voltage to the level required for the specified speed.
Coasting time differs according to the inverter capacity.
Set the waiting time for the inverter to perform a restart after restoring power
0.1 to 30 s
due to an instantaneous power failure.
0 to 60 s
Set the voltage cushion time for restart.
Set the stall prevention level at restart operation on the assumption that the
0 to 400%
inverter rated current is 100%.
Set the acceleration time that takes to reach Pr.20 Acceleration/
0 to 3600 s
deceleration reference frequency setting at a restart.
Standard acceleration time (for example, Pr.7) is applied as the acceleration
time at restart.
Operation after restoration from output shutoff by the MRS (X10) signal
Restart operation (starting from the coasting speed).
Starting from the Pr.13 Starting frequency.
Pr.57 Restart coasting time
Single-phase 200 V class FR-CS82S--60
. If "0" is set in
, the coasting time is automatically set
5.10 (A) Application parameters