Fundamental safety instructions
1.1 General safety instructions
Danger of an accident occurring due to missing or illegible warning labels
Missing or illegible warning labels can result in accidents involving death or serious injury.
• Check that the warning labels are complete based on the documentation.
• Attach any missing warning labels to the components, in the national language if
• Replace illegible warning labels.
Device damage caused by incorrect voltage/insulation tests
Incorrect voltage/insulation tests can damage the device.
• Before carrying out a voltage/insulation check of the system/machine, disconnect the
Danger to life when safety functions are inactive
Safety functions that are inactive or that have not been adjusted accordingly can cause
operational faults on machines that could lead to serious injury or death.
• Observe the information in the appropriate product documentation before
• Carry out a safety inspection for functions relevant to safety on the entire system,
• Ensure that the safety functions used in your drives and automation tasks are adjusted
• Perform a function test.
• Only put your plant into live operation once you have guaranteed that the functions
Important safety notices for Safety Integrated functions
If you want to use Safety Integrated functions, you must observe the safety notices in the
Safety Integrated manuals.
devices as all converters and motors have been subject to a high voltage test by the
manufacturer, and therefore it is not necessary to perform an additional test within the
including all safety-related components.
and activated through appropriate parameterizing.
relevant to safety are running correctly.
Getting Started, 07/2016, FW V3.63, A5E38556288B AA