Please make these simple checks before calling service. These tips may save you time and money since charges for
receiver installation and adjustments of customer controls are not covered under your warranty.
"Ghost" or double
Good picture but no
Good sound but poor
Snowy picture and
Horizontal dotted line
responding to remote
Items to Check and Actions to follow
• This may be caused by obstruction to the antenna due to high rise buildings
or hills. Using a highly directional antenna may improve the picture.
• Check if the TV's AC power cord is plugged into the mains socket.
• Unplug the TV, wait for 60 seconds. Then reinsert plug into the mains socket
and turn on the TV again.
• Check antenna connections at the rear of the TV to see if it is properly
connected to the TV.
• Possible broadcast station trouble.
Try another channel.
• Adjust the contrast and brightness settings.
• Check the Closed Captions control. Some TEXT modes could block the screen.
• Increase the VOLUME.
• Check if the TV is muted; press the MUTE button on the remote control.
• Adjust the contrast, color and brightness settings.
• Poor picture quality may occur when an activated S-VHS camera or
camcorder is connected to your TV and the other peripheral at the same
time. Switch off one of the peripherals.
• Check the antenna connection.
• This may be caused by electrical interference (e.g. hair dryer, nearby neon
• Turn off the equipment.
• Check whether the batteries are working. Replace if necessary.
• Clean the remote control sensor lens on the TV.
• You can still use the buttons at the front of your TV.
• Select the TV mode to ensure your remote control is set in the TV mode.