DIGITAL TELEVISION TRANSITION NOTICE This device contains a digital television tuner, so it should receive digital over the air TV programming, with a suitable antenna, after the end of full-power analog TV broadcasting in the United States on June 12 2009. Some older television receivers, if they rely on a TV antenna, will need a TV Converter to receive over the air digital programming, but should continue to work as before for other purposes (e.g., for watching low-power TV stations still broadcasting in analog, watching pre-recorded movies, or playing video games).
Batteries installation warning Caution - Danger of explosion if battery is incorrectly replaced. Replace only with the same or equivalent type. The batteries (battery pack or batteries installed) shall not be exposed to excessive heat such as sunshine, fire or the like. FOR YOUR SAFETY Before operating the TV please read this manual thoroughly.
PRECAUTIONS AND REMINDERS Place the TV on flat and even Unplug immediately if foreign Do not cover or block any surfaces. materials are put inside the vents and openings. TV cabinet or if the TV fell Inadequate ventilation may down. shorten the life of the display unit and cause overheating.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS Read before operating equipment 1. Read these instructions. 2. Keep these instructions. 3. Heed all warnings. 4. Follow all instructions. 5. Do not use this apparatus near water. 6. Clean only with a dry cloth. 7. Do not block any of the ventilation openings. Install in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
22. Outdoor Antenna Grounding - If an outside antenna is connected to the receiver, be sure the antenna system is grounded so as to provide some protection against voltage surges and built up static charges. Section 810 of the National Electric Code, ANSI/NFPA No. 70-1984, provides information with respect to proper grounding of the mats and supporting structure grounding of the lead-in wire to an antenna-discharge unit, size of grounding connectors, location of antenna discharge unit, connection to grounding electrodes and requirements for the grounding electrode.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS Thank you for purchasing the Haier product. This easy-to-use manual will guide you in getting the best use of your product. Remember to record the model and serial number. They are on the label on the back of the unit.
TABLE OF CONTENTS DIGITAL TELEVISION TRANSITION NOTICE......2 FOR YOUR SAFETY................ 3 PRECAUTIONS AND REMINDERS ..........4 IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS........5 PREPARATION ................9 ATTACHING THE STAND ................9 PREPARING YOUR TV FOR WALL MOUNTING..........10 PERIPHERAL CONNECTION GUIDE ........... 13 OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS............
ATTACHING THE STAND IMPORTANT: The stand of the TV must be assembled prior to usage. For LE32C1320 1. Place the TV unit face down on a soft and flat surface (blanket, foam, cloth, etc.) to prevent any damage to the TV.
(Please see "PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS" on page 25.) To attach a wall mount bracket to your TV: For LE32C1320 1. Remove the screws holding your TV to the stand. 3. Secure the stand column to the back of the TV using another five supplied M4 screws.
For LE42C1380 For LE46C1380 1. Remove the screws holding your TV to the 1. Remove the screws holding your TV to the stand. stand. 2. Secure the wall mount bracket to the back of your TV using four M4 screws, as indicated in 2.
1. Install the stand; place the TV on a solid 3. Remote control: surface. Remove the cover of the battery compartment. Insert the 2 supplied batteries (Type AAA 1.5V). Min. Ensure that the TV is placed in a position to allow free flow of air.
PERIPHERAL CONNECTION GUIDE LE32C1320 LE42C1380 LE46C1380 1. PC IN - Connect the video and audio cables from a computer here. The PC IN audio input shares the same audio input connector (PC/DVI AUDIO) with the HDMI (DVI) analog audio input.
OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS FRONT PANEL CONTROLS LE32C1320/LE42C1380 LE46C1380 1. INPUT Press to select the input source. 2. MENU Press to open or exit the OSD (on-screen display) menu. 3. VOL+ Press to increase the sound volume level. 4. VOL- Press to decrease the sound volume level.
GETTING TO KNOW THE REMOTE CONTROL PICTURE Press repeatedly to select a picture mode: Vivid, Standard, Energy Savings, Mild, Sports or Custom. POWER Press to power ON/OFF (standby) the TV. Note: • The TV is never completely powered off unless physically unplugged.
EXIT Press to exit the OSD menu. RECALL Press to switch between the current and previously viewed channel. Press to switch to the media player mode and view contents on the connected USB storage device. PLAY/PAUSE • In media player mode, press to play or pause a media file. •...
USING THE MENUS displayable area of the screen to eliminate the noises around the edges of the picture. 1. Press the MENU button to display the OSD [Color Temperature]: Allows you to choose (On Screen Display) menu. from three color temperature modes: Normal, 2.
8. Audio Language: Changes the audio language Setup Menu setting for ATSC TV programs. You can select With the options in the Setup menu you can from English, Français, or Español. When the change general settings of the TV, like time, date, ATSC TV program signal supports the audio OSD menu language and so on.
• Style - Select Automatic or Custom mode. If [Clock]: Manually adjust the picture clock to the Custom mode is selected, you can reduce vertical line noise. The tuning range is 0- customize the digital closed caption style 255. using the options below, and the resulting 6.
6. Change Password: Changes the 4-digit remove the USB storage device during parental control password. Two steps are formatting. • During formatting, a speed test will be done required for changing the password: Enter New Password -> Confirm New Password. on the USB storage device.
ENTER button to open the pixels folder or view the photo. The photo slideshow • Best photo resolution: 1366x768 pixels (for will start automatically. LE32C1320) /1920x1080 pixels (for LE42C1380 and LE46C1380) None Short Flo_A.JPG Music files: •...
- Rotate (when slideshow is paused): 5. Press CH+, CH-, VOL+, or VOL- to select a Rotates the photo. folder you want to open or a music file you want - Zoom (when slideshow is paused): Zooms to play, and press the ENTER button to open in on the photo.
- Show Spectrum: To display a graphical spectrum on the lower left corner of the screen. - Audio Only: Turns off screen display and play audio only. 7. Press the EXIT button to return to the thumbnail or list view. 8.
• Please ensure you dispose of your old receiver according to local regulations. Haier is committed to safely recycling electronic products and product materials. Please check for a local recycling location in the United States at: 1800RECYCLING.COM or call 1.800.RECYCLING.
PACKAGE CONTENTS • TV unit x1 • Stand x1 • Stand column x 1 Supplied Accessories • Screws: LE32C1320: x 7, LE42C1380 x 10, LE46C1380: x 9 • Remote control x1 (with two size AAA alkaline batteries) • User manual x1...
TROUBLESHOOTING Please make these simple checks before calling service. These tips may save you time and money since charges for receiver installation and adjustments of customer controls are not covered under your warranty. Symptoms Items to Check and Actions to follow •...
GLOSSARY HDTV HDTV displays are technically defined as being capable of displaying a minimum of 720p or 1080i active scan lines. HDMI Inputs High-Definition Multimedia Interface Audio / Video Inputs Located on the rear of the receiver, these connectors (RCA phono type plug) are used for the input of audio and video signals.