20. Wall or Ceiling Mounting – The appliance should be mounted to a wall or ceiling only as recommended by the
21. Power Lines – An outdoor antenna should be located away from power lines.
22. Outdoor Antenna Grounding – If an outside antenna is connected to the receiver, be sure the antenna system
is grounded so as to provide some protection against voltage surges and built up static charges. Section 810 of
the National Electric Code, ANSI/NFPA No. 70-1984, provides information with respect to proper grounding of
the mats and supporting structure grounding of the lead-in wire to an antenna-discharge unit, size of grounding
connectors, location of antenna discharge unit, connection to grounding electrodes and requirements for the
grounding electrode. See Figure below.
Note: to the CATV system installer: This reminder is provided to call the CATV system installer's attention
to Article 820-40 of the NEC that provides guidelines for proper grounding and, in particular, specifies that
the cable ground shall be connected to the 6 English grounding system of the building, as close to the point
of cable entry as practical. Please, make sure to connect the power plug to the wall outlet socket after
connecting the TV to the adapter!
23. Apparatus shall not be exposed to dripping or splashing and no objects filled with liquids, such as vases, shall be
placed on the apparatus.
24. Statement indicating that when the mains plug or appliance coupler shall remain readily operable.
25. Where the MAINS plug or an appliance coupler is used as the disconnect device, the disconnect device shall
remain readily operable.
ELECTRIC SERVICE EQUIPMENT
POWER SERVICE GROUNDING ELECTRODE SYSTEM
EXAMPLE OF ANTENNA GROUNDING AS PER
NATIONAL ELECTRICAL CODE
ANTENNA DISCHARGE UNIT