Please make these simple checks before calling service. These tips may save you time and money since
charges for receiver installation and adjustments of customer controls are not covered under your
"Ghost" or double image
Good picture but no sound
Good sound but poor color
Snowy picture and noise
Horizontal dotted line
Television not responding to
Items to Check and Actions to follow
• This may be caused by obstruction to the antenna due to high
rise buildings or hills. Using a highly directional antenna may
improve the picture.
• Check if the TV's AC power cord is plugged into the mains
• Unplug the TV, wait for 60 seconds. Then reinsert plug into the
mains socket and turn on the TV again.
• Check antenna connections at the rear of the TV to see if it is
properly connected to the TV.
• Possible broadcast station trouble. Try another channel.
• Adjust the contrast and brightness settings.
• Check the Closed Captions control. Some TEXT modes could
block the screen.
• Increase the volume.
• Check if the TV is muted; press the MUTE button on the
• Adjust the contrast, color and brightness settings.
• Poor picture quality may occur when an activated S-VHS camera
or camcorder is connected to your TV and the other peripheral
at the same time. Switch off one of the peripherals.
• Check the antenna connection.
• This may be caused by electrical interference (e.g. hair dryer,
nearby neon lights, etc.)
• Turn off the equipment.
• Check whether the batteries are working. Replace if necessary.
• Clean the remote control sensor lens on the TV.
• You can still use the buttons at the front of your TV.
• Select the TV mode to ensure your remote control is set in the