Handling of the internal hard disk
Do not apply physical shock to this device. In
particular, you must never move this device or apply
physical shock while the power is turned on. This can
cause part or all of the data on disk to be lost, or may
damage the hard disk or interior components.
When this device is moved to a location where the
temperature is radically different, water droplets may
condense on the hard disk. If the device is used in this
condition, it may malfunction, so please allow several
hours to pass before operating the device.
Do not turn the power on and off repeatedly. This
may damage the X2100.
This device begins to access the hard disk
immediately after the power is turned on.
Never turn off the power while the hard disk is being
accessed. Doing so can cause all or part of the data on
the hard disk to be lost, or may cause malfunctions
such as hard disk damage.
If the hard disk has been damaged due to incorrect
operation, power failure, or accidental interruption
of the power supply, a fee may be charged for
replacement even if this device is still within its
Handling of the cooling vents
The openings on the left and right sides of the unit
are cooling vents. If the cooling is inadequate,
operation may become unstable and the power supply
may shut down. Be sure to place the unit so that the
sides are at least 10 cm from a wall or similar object.
Do not place any object near the cooling vents that
might block them.
CAUTION FOR LASER
This product utilizes a laser.
Use of control, adjustment or performance of
procedures other than those specified herein
may result in hazardous radiation exposure.
Do not open covers and do not repair yourself.
Refer servicing to qualified personnel.
Laser diode properties
Semiconductor laser GaAlAs
Laser output Less than HHS and IEC 825‐1 Class 1
Location of the required label.
Cautions when using the CD-R/RW
• During CD reading and writing operations, keep the
unit in a horizontal position.
• Do not use the unit in extremely cold or hot locations.
• Do not use the unit in extremely humid locations.
• Do not use the unit in dusty or smoky locations.
• Do not subject the unit to vibration or strong physical
shock. In particular, this unit is vulnerable to shock
during CD reading and writing operations.
• Normally, you will be able to open the CD tray by
pressing the eject button. However if this fails, you
can forcibly eject the tray by inserting a thin object
(such as a straightened paper clip) into the emergency
• Do not store the unit in hot or humid locations.
• Never touch the focusing lens.
• Do not use commercially available lens cleaners.
• Do not transport the unit with a disc left in the tray.
• Do not leave the unit with the disc tray open.
Please observe the following points when handling discs.
Failure to observe these points may cause problems such
as data not being written correctly, loss of recorded data,
or drive malfunction.
• Do not leave discs in direct sunlight, or in locations of
high temperature or high humidity.
• Do not touch the surface of a disc. Hold a disc by its
• Remove dust or dirt from the surface of a disc. To
remove dust, use an air duster or cleaner.
• Do not affix labels to a disc, or write on a disc in
locations other than specified.
• Do not use chemicals or detergent to wipe a disc.
• Do not bend or drop a disc.
Responsibility for loss of data
Korg Corporation will accept no responsibility for any
damages (direct or indirect, whether sustained by the
customer or by a third party) resulting from loss of or
damage to data written on a CD‐R or CD‐RW disc.
Regarding the LCD screen
The LCD screen of the OASYS is a precision device
created using extremely high technology, and careful
attention has been paid to its product quality. Although
you may notice some of the issues listed below, please be
aware that these are due to the characteristics of LCD
screens, and are not malfunctions.
• There may be pixels in the screen that are always dark
(unlit) or always bright (lit).
• Depending on the displayed content, the brightness
of the screen may appear uneven.
• Depending on the displayed content, horizontal
stripes of shading may be visible.
• Depending on the displayed content, flickering or
moire patterns may be visible.