the distance between mics. This gives you total control
over the sound field as well as the sound itself, and lets
you create the perfect organ sound for any situation.
Since an effect that is completely compatible with this
rotary speaker effect is also provided in the effect
section of the OASYS itself, you can enjoy a powerful
rotary speaker sound even when you've created a
combination using several instances of the CX‐3, or
with other instruments such as the HD‐1 or AL‐1.
• Tonewheel Organ Model, with Clean/Vintage
mode, percussion, key click, wheel brake
• EX mode: Four drawbars with adjustable frequency
ratio, and four percussion drawbars
• Internal effects: Rotary speaker, vibrato/chorus,
amp modeling, three‐band EQ
• Drawbar control: The nine front‐panel sliders on
the front panel can be used to control the drawbars,
via Tone Adjust
• Split: different drawbar settings for virtual upper
and lower manuals. Split is available even in EX
• Modulation: Two AMS mixers
STR-1 Plucked String
Multifaceted physical modeling
The STR‐1 Plucked String offers a comprehensive and
sophisticated set of physical modeling synthesis tools,
capable of creating both traditional sounds (acoustic
and electric guitars and basses, clavinets and
harpsichords, harps, bells, electric pianos, ethnic
instruments, etc.) and unique, experimental timbres.
Building on over a decade of Korg's research, the STR‐1
advances the state of the art with a number of new
innovations exclusive to OASYS.
• Physically modeled string, including damping,
decay, dispersion, nonlinearity, and harmonics.
• String excitation via a selection of "pluck" types, a
noise generator with saturation and dedicated filter,
and any ROM, EXs, or RAM samples (using Korg's
ultra‐low‐aliasing PCM oscillator, as first
introduced in the HD‐1).
• Dual multi‐mode resonant filters (including Korg's
Multi Filter, as first introduced in the AL‐1), plus an
additional multi‐mode resonant filter dedicated to
the string excitation.
• Live audio input, including modeled feedback.
• Four per‐voice LFOs, five re‐triggerable EGs, two
key tracking generators, a string tracking generator,
and four AMS mixers.
Semi-modular synth with a distinctive tone
The optional MS‐20EX is a flexible, semi‐modular
virtual analog synthesizer, developed using Korg's
proprietary CMT (Component Modeling Technology).
Open Architecture Synthesis Studio
At its heart is a faithful re‐creation of the original
KORG MS‐20, including both its features and its
distinctive, often aggressive timbral signature.
To this core, we added features first introduced in the
KORG Legacy MS‐20 plug‐in. Then, we added
significant patch‐panel modifications inspired by the
MS‐20's big brother, the MS‐50, plus many other
For more information, see "MS‐20EX" on page 8, and
"EXi: MS‐20EX" on page 285 of the Parameter Guide.
• Two oscillators (including ring modulation), noise
generator, and resonant, self‐oscillating highpass
and lowpass filters
• Modifications to the Patch Panel, for separate access
to individual VCOs, VCFs, and the VCA
• Two patchable 2‐in, 1‐out audio‐rate mixers, for
combining and scaling either audio or control
• Original MS‐20 HADSR and DAR envelopes, plus
four additional multi‐stage EGs
• Original MS‐20 MG and sample‐and‐hold, plus four
• AMS modulation of all original MS‐20 parameters,
along with four AMS Mixers
• Live audio input
• External Signal Processor, with dedicated highpass
and lowpass filters, triggering, and audio‐to‐CV
conversion (can be used as extra filters for complex
patches, as well as for processing audio inputs)
Rich sounding, versatile, and easy-to-use synth
The optional PolysixEX is a rich‐sounding, easy‐to‐use,
high‐polyphony virtual analog synth (up to 172
voices!). Developed using Korg's proprietary CMT
(Component Modeling Technology), it combines the
features and sonic character of the classic KORG
Polysix (and the Legacy Polysix plug‐in) with many
additional features unique to the OASYS:
For more information, see "PolysixEX" on page 8, and
"EXi: PolysixEX" on page 313 of the Parameter Guide.
• Oscillator, sub‐oscillator, and 4‐pole resonant
• Dedicated chorus/ensemble/phaser effects
• Classic ADSR envelope, plus two multi‐stage EGs
• Classic "MG" LFO, plus two multi‐waveform LFOs
• Easy‐to‐use, sample‐accurate arpeggiator
• Extensive AMS modulation, plus four AMS mixers