Reinstalling a system-board tray in a 3U chassis
Note: You must remove the 3U chassis from the iDataPlex rack before you install
the system-board tray (see "Removing a 3U chassis from an iDataPlex rack" on
To reinstall a system-board tray in a 3U chassis, complete the following steps:
1. Slide the system-board tray into the 3U chassis until it stops.
2. Reconnect the cables that connect the system-board tray and optional adapter
to the 3U chassis.
3. Turn the fan assembly so that the connector aligns correctly with the connector
in the power supply.
4. Insert the fan assembly into the 3U chassis. Firmly press the fan assembly
straight down into the chassis by applying pressure on both fan-assembly
5. Reinstall the retention bracket.
6. Align the top-cover assembly with the rear of the 3U chassis; then, slide it
forward until it clicks into place.
7. Reinstall the 3U chassis in the iDataPlex rack (see "Reinstalling a 3U chassis
in an iDataPlex rack" on page 46).
8. Install the hard disk drives (see "Installing a hard disk drive" on page 37).
9. Reconnect the cables on the front of the system-board tray.
Chapter 3. Installing optional devices