v If you install a different type of RAID controller, follow the instructions in the
The following sections provide instructions for starting the LSI Logic Configuration
Utility program and performing selected functions.
Starting the LSI Logic Configuration Utility program
To start the LSI Logic Configuration Utility program, complete the following steps:
1. Turn on the server.
2. When the prompt <<< Press <CTRL><C> to start LSI Logic Configuration
3. To select a controller (channel) from the list of adapters, use the arrow keys and
4. To change the settings of the selected items, follow the instructions on the
When you have finished changing settings, press Esc to exit from the program;
select Save to save the settings that you have changed.
Formatting a SCSI hard disk drive
Low-level formatting removes all data from the hard disk. If there is data on the disk
that you want to save, back up the hard disk before you perform this procedure.
Note: Before you format a SCSI hard disk, make sure that the disk is not part of a
mirrored pair. From the list of adapters, select the controller (channel) for the drive
that you want to format. Select Mirroring Properties and make sure that the
mirroring value for the drive is None.
To format a drive, complete the following steps:
1. From the list of adapters, select the controller (channel) for the drive that you
2. Select Device Properties.
3. To highlight the drive that you want to format, use the Up Arrow and Down
4. To start the low-level formatting operation, select Format and press Enter.
Creating a mirrored pair of SCSI hard disk drives
To create a mirrored pair of SCSI hard disk drives, complete the following steps:
1. From the list of adapters, select the controller (channel) for the drives that you
2. Select Mirroring Properties.
3. Use the arrow keys to highlight the first drive in the pair; then, press the Minus
4. Use the arrow keys to highlight the second drive in the pair; then, press the
IBM dx340 User's Guide
documentation that comes with the controller to view or change SCSI settings for
Utility >>> is displayed, press Ctrl+C. If you have set an administrator
password, you are prompted to type the password.
screen. If you select Device Properties or Mirroring Properties, additional
screens are displayed.
want to format.
Arrow keys. To scroll left and right, use the Left Arrow and Right Arrow keys or
the End key.
want to mirror.
key to change the mirroring value to Primary.
Minus key to change the mirroring value to Secondary.