Removing a 3U chassis from an iDataPlex rack
To remove a 3U chassis from an iDataPlex rack, complete the following steps:
1. Read the safety information that begins on page v and "Installation guidelines"
2. Turn off the server and all attached devices (see "Turning off the system-board
3. If external cables are connected to the front of the system-board tray, note
4. Note where the hard disk drives are installed; then, remove them (see
≥ 18 kg (39.7 lb)
5. Remove screws and slide the 3U chassis from the iDataPlex rack.
6. Set the 3U chassis on a flat, static-protective surface.
on page 23.
tray" on page 22).
where they are connected; then, remove them.
When using RAID arrays, hard disk drives must be installed in the
same location from which they were removed.
"Removing a hard disk drive" on page 30).
Use safe practices when lifting.
≥ 32 kg (70.5 lb)
Chapter 3. Installing optional devices
≥ 55 kg (121.2 lb)